Florida school bonds may be taxable due to yield burning: IRS
- Charter School Bonds, Currently Free From Audits, May Come Under IRS Eye. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;06/21/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31165, p4
Focuses on the taxation of charter school bonds in the United States. Requirements of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) for tax exemption of charter schools financed by companies; Plan of IRS officials to have an audit program for charter schools; Interest of IRS officials in examining...
- Georgia School System Working to Settle Tax Dispute with IRS. Jagoda, Naomi // Bond Buyer;12/12/2014, Issue F347, p1
The Cherokee County School System is negotiating with the Internal Revenue Service to settle a tax dispute, after an IRS agent contended in an audit of 2007 bonds that there was an arbitrage problem.
- IRS Grants School District Extension to Spend QSCB Proceeds. Jagoda, Naomi // Bond Buyer;4/8/4015, p1
The Internal Revenue Service has granted a school district that experienced "financial distress" a roughly 16-month extension to spend the proceeds of its qualified school construction bonds.
- IRS says moving allowance is non-taxable. // All Hands;Oct95, Issue 942, p2
Reports that the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) has ruled on Temporary Lodging Allowance (TLA), Temporary Lodging Expense (TLE), Dislocation Allowance (DLA) and Move-in Housing Allowance (MHA). Details of statement issued by IRS.
- NFIB campaign to abolish the IRS code gains steam. // Business Credit;Mar1998, Vol. 100 Issue 3, p69
Reports that the NFIB's Campaign to abolish the IRS Code was endorsed by Trent Lott, Senate Majority Leader and Newt Gingrich, Speaker of the House and a bipartisan group of federal legislators in the United States.
- The statistics corner: Information from tax returns: The statistics of income program of the... Petska, Tom; Scheuren, Fritz // Business Economics;Jul92, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p66
Part II. Describes the short-term modernization of work processes of the US Internal Revenue Service. Restructurization of management practices; Program timeliness; Tracking of demographic changes; Data access; Conceptual consistency of data items.
- Client alert: VCR for qualified plans. // CPA Journal;May94, Vol. 64 Issue 5, p74
Reports on the Voluntary Compliance Resolution (VCR) program initiated by the Internal Revenue Service in 1992. Availability in 1994.
- IRS proposed use of third-party information draws criticism. // CPA Journal;Mar1995, Vol. 65 Issue 3, p15
Reports on the IRS' proposal to change its system of records under the Privacy Act of 1974.
- IRS makes fact-of-filing program permanent. // CPA Journal;Jun95, Vol. 65 Issue 6, p11
Announces the US Internal Revenue Service's plan to make its fact-of-filing program permanent. Importance of the program to professional firms.