- Sluggish economy demands aggressive sales efforts. Sisson, Jen // Hotel & Motel Management;8/1/2002, Vol. 217 Issue 14, p32
Reports on the challenges faced by sales executives in the hospitality market during a lethargic economy. Need to be more flexible with the clients, delivering a more customized individualized stay; Importance of efficiency and time management for the hospitality sales force; Recognition on the...
- Byron to boost sales. // Conference & Exhibition Fact Finder;Dec2005, Vol. 20 Issue 12, p7
The article reports that Jessica Byron has joined Golden Tulip UK as sales manager of the hotel, Tulip Inn Newcastle Gateshead in England. Byron has 10 years of experience in the hotel industry. Prior to joining Tulip Inn, Byron was at the De Vere Saint David's Park Hotel near Chester. She held...
- CIA, Cargill team up for sales-manager certification. // Nation's Restaurant News;11/18/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 46, p42
Reports on the joint venture efforts between the Culinary Institute of America with Cargill Foodservice Meat Solutions to develop a certification program for foodservice sales managers in New York. Identification of the inaugural plans; Provision of the four-month program for sales...
- Speaker: Put customers second to make business first rate. // Wenatchee Business Journal;Nov95, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p34
Presents tips from Dynamic Changes president Judy Kirk Parker on how to create happy employees and satisfied customers for a successful company. Selection of personality; Raising of talent; Orientation; Company credo; On-going training; Positive work environment.
- Oncologist named Medical Director at Nyack Hospital. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;4/2/2007, Vol. 18 Issue 14, p12
The article announces the appointment of physician Michael E. Rader as vice president and medical director of Nyack Hospital in Rockland County, New York.
- Letters to the Editor. Kirtley, George E. // Journal of the Indiana Dental Association;Spring2016, Vol. 95 Issue 2, p14
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "What's the Price of a Helicopter," by Michael Rader in the winter 2016 issue.
- NEWS MAKERS:. // Association Meetings;Feb2008, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p57
The article announces the appointment of Patrick Anderson as national sales manager at Rosen Hotels & Resorts and Heather Trent as senior sales manager at the Indianapolis Convention and Visitors Association.
- Jacksonville Announces Hiring. // Religious Conference Manager;Dec2004, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p15
Reports on the appointment of Theda Jackson as convention sales manager at the Jacksonville & the Beaches convention and visitors bureau in Florida. Career background of Jackson.
- MAKING A SUCCESS OF UPSELLING. Clapham, Paul // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;11/4/2011, Vol. 201 Issue 4702, p40
The article focuses on the sales technique of upselling and also offers suggestions for making it successful in the hospitality industry. It explains that upselling is a technique which is used by salesmen to sell something additional to the customer in an attempt to make a profitable sale and...