New Venetian Makes a Splash
- New Venetian Makes a Splash/The Cotai Strip is making strides to surpass Las Vegas. // Corporate Meetings & Incentives;Nov2007, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p39
The article features The Venetian Macao resort in Macau, China. The resort features replicas of Saint Mark's Square, the Grand Canal and two additional canals, and plenty of gold leaf and marble. Its gaming area features 1,150 gaming tables and enough space for 7,000 slot machines. The Venetian...
- IN OTHER NEWS…. // International Gaming & Wagering;Feb2007, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p11
The article offers news briefs on the gaming industry in the Asia Pacific region. Tom Smock has resigned as senior vice president and general counsel of Venetian Macau Co. CapitaLand of Singapore has purchased a 20% stake in Macau Studio City, a project owned by eSun Holdings Co. and New Cotai...
- Game makers are ready to go after the cash Macau. Mihailovich, Steven // Las Vegas Business Press;3/22/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p14
Reports developments on the gaming industry in Las Vegas, Nevada as of March 22, 2004. Business deal between Paltronics Inc. and the Venetian company; Installation of One-Link slot and media systems at a Venetian casino; Addition of four destinations to and from the city by America West...
- TAIWAN: Next challenge: the voters of Kinmen. // Casino Journal;Feb2011, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p23
The article focuses on establishing casino industry in Taiwan. It notes that while constructions of casinos in Taiwan has modest apex compared with what in Macau, China, it could still prove value if it can pull enough customers. It says that there is where political uncertainties break through...
- OREGON TRIBE FINDS ECONOMIC PROSPERITY WITH NEW CASINO. // Casino Journal;May2012, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p9
The article reports on the establishment of the Indian Head Casino in Warm Springs, Oregon whose concept incorporated the Columbia River's Celilo Falls Fishing Platform into its architecture which was adopted quickly by the client.
- Flowing Wells Navajo Casino a hit so far. Donovan, Bill // Navajo Times;11/11/2010, Vol. 49 Issue 45, pA2
The article reports on the response to the Flowing Waters Navajo Casino of the Navajo Nation which opened on October 12, 2010 in Window Rock, Arizona.
- Korean government approves nine potential locations for integrated gaming resorts. // Casino Journal;Oct2015, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p8
The article reports on the decision by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism of Korea to approve nine potential locations for building two foreigner-only integrated gaming resorts.
- Israel moves forward with casino development plans. Dooey, Paul // International Gaming & Wagering;Feb2008, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p20
The article reports on the appropriation of 12 acres of land had been appropriated in the resort town of Eilat for the development of the nation's first legal gaming complex by the Tourism Ministry and Land Administration in Israel. Hotels and convention centers in addition to a casino will be...
- TAKING A GAMBLE. // Crain's Detroit Business;4/9/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 15, p0037
The article reports that 22 casinos are in planning stages in Michigan in 2012. It mentions that Citizens for More Michigan Jobs plans to construct eight casinos in DeWitt Township, Birch Run Township, Grand Rapids, Detroit and Pontiac. It states that Michigan Is Yours plans to construct seven...