LEED Commissioning for New and Existing Buildings
- LEED COMMISSIONING: Design Review. Ellis, Rebecca // Engineered Systems;Jul2008, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p20
The article examines the advocacy of the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) in monitoring the standards of the Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED) in the U.S. Commissioning professionals facilitate commissioning for an increasing number of USGBC LEED registered projects whereby...
- Sustainability Solutions. Berning, Michael J. // Sustainable Facility;Jun2008, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p42
The article discusses various Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED) rating systems on building commissioning services in the U.S. According to the U.S. Green Building Council (USCBC), commissioning is important in building's design and construction process. It is noted that a...
- Meeting Expectations. Wilson, Marianne // Chain Store Age;Jun2009, Vol. 85 Issue 6, p40
The article discusses how commissioning can ensure that the performance of a building is in accordance with the design intent. According to Sam Khalilieh of WD Partners, commissioning helps to identify common deficiencies like construction defects and design flaws. It is pointed out that...
- Lighting commissioning guidelines and standards. BAUMGARTLE, BRIAN K. // Consulting-Specifying Engineer;Oct2012, Vol. 49 Issue 9, p17
The article discusses the significance of lighting commissioning for designers to handle the complexity of lighting systems. Commissioning is mandatory if ASHRAE 90.1-2010 compliance is required or if an owner is contemplating U.S. Green Building Council Leadership in Energy and Environmental...
- USGBC mulls next step for LEED for Healthcare system. // Health Facilities Management;Jun2010, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p8
The article reports that the U.S. Green Building Council's (USFBC) is still assessing if there is a need for a third public comment period for the development of the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) for Healthcare rating system before seeking membership approval.
- The Time for Change: Pushing LEED Forward. Fedrizzi, Rick // Environmental Design & Construction;Jul2012, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p26
An introduction to the 12th Annual LEED Guide of the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) is presented.
- New LEED programs unveiled. Soule, Alexander // Fairfield County Business Journal;12/13/2010, Vol. 49 Issue 50, p1
The article focuses on the importance of Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) for Retail and LEED Volume from the U.S. Green Building Council, the two LEED programs that reduces the environmental impacts of buildings in Fairfield County, Connecticut.
- USGBC ANNOUNCES CHANGES TO LEED 2012. // Walls & Ceilings;Jul2012, Vol. 75 Issue 7, p16
The article reports that the U.S. Green Building Council has delayed ballot for the LEED 2012 until June 1, 2013, which prompted the name change to LEED v4.
- LEED 2009 to include LEED credits for regional. environmental priorities. // Wood & Wood Products;May2009, Vol. 114 Issue 6, p13
The article reports on the release of the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) regional credits as part of LEED 2009 by the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC).