The Gavel Taps For Bid-ness
- Tenants: The More The Merrier. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;01/24/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p20
Focuses on wireless operators that sell tower assets to companies which specialize in construction and maintenance. Stocks of tower companies; Why analysts are being bullish on the tower industry; Tower companies finding ways to diversify; Challenges faced by companies.
- Short Takes. // Network World;4/19/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 16, p23
Reports that, according to a survey conducted in February 2004 by the in-Stat/MDR, relatively few business customers have taken advantage of wireless service number portability since the system went into effect in late November 2003.
- Many ways to learn at Wireless Datacomm. // Business Communications Review;Nov94, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p70
Reports on the educational opportunities provided by the Wireless DataComm Fall '94 Conference and Exposition scheduled for December 6-8, 1994 at the Convention Center in Washington, D.C. Workshops and field trips; Forums and sessions; Communication demonstrations.
- The tooth is out there. Phillips, Tim // Director;Nov2000, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p163
Examines what kind of companies will use Bluetooth technology to avail of wireless communication services. How the technology works; Applications of the technology; What business enterprises think of Bluetooth.
- Wireless data: Closing the gap between promise and reality. Flanagan, Patrick // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Mar94, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p25
Reports on wireless data's impact on the conduct of business. Proliferation of wireless gateway services and networks; Growth in business uses; Vendors' inability to meet user needs; Lack of standardized interfaces; Cellular carriers' use of cellular digital packet data. INSETS: What about...
- E-BIZ WANTS TO GO WIRELESS. Nobel, Carmen // eWeek;06/19/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 25, p27
Reports on Web integrators' organization of wireless demonstrations for business clients. Inclusion of a showcase innovation center in Dallas, Texas announced by Viant Corp. and Ericsson; Wireless applications workshop to be conducted by Zefer Inc. in collaboration with the Massachusetts...
- Deployment dilemma. Briody, Dan; Lattig, Michael // InfoWorld;02/28/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 9, p34
Examines diverse issues in wireless communications to help companies make deployment decisions. Factors that influence the implementation of wireless communication systems; Challenges faced by information technology organizations in delivering information for outside customers and internal...
- Real-time wireless business applications hold both challenge and opportunity. Biggs, Maggie // InfoWorld;10/18/99, Vol. 21 Issue 42, p74
Focuses on the challenges and opportunities in deploying wireless business applications. Factors that contributed to the increased use of wireless technology; Advantages of using wireless technology; Steps that must considered by adopters who deploy business applications to intelligent wireless...
- Living The Dick Tracy Dream In 2004. Holliday, Robert P. // Business Journal (Central New York);6/4/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 23, p8
Focuses on the development in the wireless industry. Increase in wireless customers; Impact of wireless communications on business; Effects of wireless systems on lives.