Bitten By The Wireless ASP
- Useful couponing. Ford, Tracy // RCR Wireless News;8/13/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 33, p12
Comments on the application of coupons on wireless communication devices in the United States. Potential benefit of M-coupons for retailers; Status of the wireless venture for adult businesses according to Alan Reiter, president of the Wireless Internet & Mobile Computing.
- Plotting 3G Success Down Under. Hughes, Owen // Wireless Week;03/06/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 10, p27
Focuses on the success of third generation technology. Elements of success for content providers in the wireless sector; Statement by Rodger Armstrong, commercial manager with Reuters wireless services.
- WDF and WIMC to jointly develop e-commerce program. // RCR;01/18/99, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p17
Reports on the Wireless Data Forum's announcement that it is developing an electronic-commerce program in conjunction with Wireless Internet & Mobile Computing to be called the Wireless E-Commerce Initiative.
- Stanford Symposium Stirs Debate. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;05/21/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 21, p1
Reports on the message of Leonard Kleinrock, inventor of the Internet, at the Wireless Internet and Mobile Computing Symposium at Stanford University in Palo Alto, California. Explanation on the idea that the Internet must evolve to enable nomadic computing; Impact of the plethora of competing...
- Industry Consultant Slams Carriers For Data Disasters. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;9/17/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 38, p19
Discusses the criticisms made by Alan Reiter, president of Wireless Internet & Mobile Computing, regarding the wireless communication industry's mishandling of opportunities to promote and market wireless data. How the industry misled the consumers; List of wireless data applications available;...
- Spreading the Word with Moblogs. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;6/15/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 13, p22
Presents information on moblogging, a term combining mobility and Internet blogging. Comparison of blogging and moblogging; Statement issued by Alan Reiter, president of Wireless Computing & Mobile Computing, on the difficulty of small companies in offering the service; Advantage of blogging on...