- Why mobile data uptake is slow. // Frontline Solutions;May2002, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p26
Focuses on the launch of the Wireless Enterprise Framework by Compaq. Features; Usability; Importance of enterprise wireless data solutions in mobile workforce.
- COMPAQ ENABLES END-TO-END WIRELESS SOLUTION TO MMIS. // Telephone IP News;Apr2002, Vol. 13 Issue 4, pN.PAG
States that Compaq Computer Corp. has launched access infrastructure solutions for Microsoft Mobile Information Server 2002 that will provide Compaq customers with wireless access to their Microsoft Exchange 2000 messaging application. Importance of the move of Compaq; Direction of the efforts...
- Compaq Broadens Wireless Interests. // RCR;03/06/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p45
Reports that Compaq Computer Corp. is planning to increase its interest in the wireless. Partnership to boost wireless capacity established by Compaq; Platforms planned for introduction.
- Virtela pursues managed VPN Niche. Carlson, Caron // eWeek;10/22/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 41, p28
Reports the launching of wireless services by the Compaq Global Services. Significance of the wireless services for understanding implementation and security issues in wireless deployments; Application of mobile technology in business; Competition of Compaq with vendors and their services...
- Compaq bolsters RAS. Berinato, Scott // PC Week;10/20/97, Vol. 14 Issue 44, p6
Reports that Compaq Computer Corp. is expanding its line of remote access products as it moves toward its goal of being the primary corporation for network hardware. The enhancements made to the Compaq Microcom 6000 remote access concentrator; The company's partnerships with security vendors;...
- Wireless Internet visions on track. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR Wireless News;10/14/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 41, p19
Reports on the on track wireless Internet visions of telecommunication companies in the U.S., as of October 2002. Appraisal of the wireless Internet visions of Compaq Computer Corp. and Motorola Inc.; Versions of the PCS Business Connection introduced by Sprint PCS; Features of the Version 3.5...
- Compaq, Nokia wrap wireless bundles. Nobel, Carmen // eWeek;09/18/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 38, p44
Reports on Compaq Computer Corp.'s agreement with Nokia Corp. to co-sell products to enterprise customers. Opportunity for North American customers to buy Compaq ProLiant servers installed with Nokia's Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) server software running on Windows NT; Development of...
- COMPAQ CUTTING THE PC CORD. // eWeek;08/28/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 35, p29
Interviews Compaq Computer's Mike Winkler and Mike Larson about the company's plans for a wireless world. Trends in the computer industry; Compaq's decision put more products into the indirect market; Wireless services strategy for the Pocket PC, the RIM BlackBerry product and other future...
- Compaq takes wireless route. Nobel, Carmen // PC Week;10/25/99, Vol. 16 Issue 43, p35
Focuses on computer manufacturer Compaq Computer Corp.'s wireless computing strategy as of October 25, 1999. Company's plans for wireless local area network; Wireless wide area network plans; Wireless personal area network plans; Contact information.