Motorola Unveils 3G Enhancement
- Off-line. // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Mar2000, Vol. 34 Issue 3, p94
Interviews Maureen Grzelakowski, senior vice president and general manager of strategic marketing at Motorola's Network Solutions Sector. Educational background; Career highlights; Thoughts on various aspects of the telecommunications industry; Complexity of convergence; Importance of...
- Technology Enhancements Start New Standard Debate. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;03/06/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p1
Focuses on disputes on a wireless communication standard at the Wireless 2000 exhibition in New Orleans, Louisiana. Complaint against Qualcomm Inc.'s High Data Rate (HDR) technology by Motorola Inc.; Challenges recognized by Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) carriers to gain input and review...
- TV Dominates a Telco Stage. Dickson, Glen // Broadcasting & Cable;6/25/2007, Vol. 137 Issue 26, p17
The article focuses on a trade show presented by the Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA). Internet Protocol television providers dominated the exhibition space. In general, producers of video equipment and content were the strongest forces among the speeches and discussions. Cellular...
- Web Access To Be Set By Relationships. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;03/06/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p2
Focuses on the factors that will boost the growth of wireless Internet technology according to discussions at the Wireless 2000 exhibit in New Orleans, Louisiana. Dependence of growth on how the wireless industry will depend on Internet carriers; Concerns over ownership; Case examples of...
- New Wireless Portal Creators Flood Market. Bruno, Antony // RCR;03/06/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p10
Focuses on the emergence of wireless communication portals according to discussions at the Wireless 2000 exhibit in New Orleans, Louisiana. Includes GiantBear.Com, Strategy.Com and SpyglassMobile.Com; Concerns that the trend could glut the market with portal offerings; Efforts by wireless...
- Getting To Know You. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;03/27/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 13, p18
Describes business model for wireless Internet content providers. Wireless 2000 panelists' use of the content; Example of personalization from Yodlee.com Inc.; Offered services of Yodlee for desktop computers and Palm Inc. personal digital assistants.
- Wireless Industry, Web Forge New Links At Wireless 2000. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;03/06/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p1
Reports that wireless communications systems companies in the United States were able to forge deals with Web and portable computing devices manufacturers at the Wireless 2000 exhibition. List of companies their models of handsets for the year; Other highlights of the exhibition.
- Nokia Points To High-Speed Future, Shows World Phone In New Orleans. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;03/06/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p42
Reports on the telephone models and technologies launched by Nokia Corp.'s at the Wireless 2000 telecommunications exhibition. General Packet Radio Service; Enhanced Data rate for Global Evolution service; 8890 dual-band GSM 900Mhz/1.9Hz cellular telephone.
- Inextricably Wireless & Internet. Wickham, Rhonda L. // Wireless Review;03/15/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p5
Focuses on the integration of wireless communication system and the Internet discussed at the Wireless 2000 exhibition in the United States. Forecast on the direction of Vodafone AirTouch; Subscriber ownership in wireless Internet services.