Small Carrier Members Disgruntled With CTIA
- NEWS ON THE HILL. // Wireless Week;06/04/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 23, p74
Presents news relevant to wireless carriers in the United States (U.S.) as of June 4, 2001. Computer Technology Industry Association's (CTIA) petition rejected by the Satellite Industry Association; One of the customers that will be honored at the 2001 CTIA Wireless Foundation gala; Proposal of...
- Full plate at FCC. C.S.S.; H.A.J. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/3/95, Vol. 125 Issue 14, p15
Presents the agenda taken up during the Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) meeting on April 5, 1995. Includes FCC Chairman Reed Hunt's failure to win support for his children's programming week proposal; FCC's proposal to eliminate rule requiring networks to file copies of its agreements...
- FCC readies blueprints for digital age. McConnell, Chris // Broadcasting & Cable;6/26/95, Vol. 125 Issue 26, p4
Reports on the Federal Communications Commission legislation that would give television stations second channels along with the flexibility to use them for multicasting and other digital services. Shortening of the 15-year transition period from analog to digital TV; Opposition of broadcasters...
- Countdown. // Broadcasting & Cable;6/26/95, Vol. 125 Issue 26, p62
Editorial. Announces the deadlines for the processing of US Federal Communications Commission's backlog of radio and television sale applications. June 30, 1995 for petitions to deny and waivers; July 31 for appeals.
- Busy day. // Broadcasting & Cable;1/15/96, Vol. 126 Issue 3, p144
Describes the working day of the commissioners at the US Federal Communications Commission following the snowfall that caused a backlog of pending license transfers and other applications.
- Rate rules `pretty much as advertised'. Flint, Joe // Broadcasting & Cable;5/10/93, Vol. 123 Issue 19, p5
Reports on the confusion brought by the Federal Communications Commission's order on cable rates. Impact on cable company stocks' prices; Reaction from National Cable Television Association (NCTA) President James Mooney; Loss from rollback of $1.5 billion subscriber revenue; Legal relief from...
- Can you pass this FCC exam? // Popular Electronics;Feb94, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p63
Presents a sample of the US Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Commercial Operators Examination test. INSET: How to take the FCC exam..
- Calling all smoke detectors. Kantra, Suzanne; Antonoff, Michael // Popular Science;May93, Vol. 242 Issue 5, p40
States that the Federal Communications Commission is considering an alternative to the current Emergency Broadcast System (EBS), which alerts the public to a natural disaster or evacuation procedures via radio or television. Downside of EBS; How Radio Broadcast Data System (RBDS) system would...
- Technologies needed for digital satellite radio. // R&D Magazine;Apr95, Vol. 37 Issue 5, p21
Reports on the Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) approval of the proposal to allot a spectrum for satellite-based digital radio services. Companies interested in developing the market.