Do You Wanna Dance?
- Web Access To Be Set By Relationships. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;03/06/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p2
Focuses on the factors that will boost the growth of wireless Internet technology according to discussions at the Wireless 2000 exhibit in New Orleans, Louisiana. Dependence of growth on how the wireless industry will depend on Internet carriers; Concerns over ownership; Case examples of...
- New Wireless Portal Creators Flood Market. Bruno, Antony // RCR;03/06/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p10
Focuses on the emergence of wireless communication portals according to discussions at the Wireless 2000 exhibit in New Orleans, Louisiana. Includes GiantBear.Com, Strategy.Com and SpyglassMobile.Com; Concerns that the trend could glut the market with portal offerings; Efforts by wireless...
- Getting To Know You. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;03/27/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 13, p18
Describes business model for wireless Internet content providers. Wireless 2000 panelists' use of the content; Example of personalization from Yodlee.com Inc.; Offered services of Yodlee for desktop computers and Palm Inc. personal digital assistants.
- Wireless Industry, Web Forge New Links At Wireless 2000. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;03/06/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p1
Reports that wireless communications systems companies in the United States were able to forge deals with Web and portable computing devices manufacturers at the Wireless 2000 exhibition. List of companies their models of handsets for the year; Other highlights of the exhibition.
- Nokia Points To High-Speed Future, Shows World Phone In New Orleans. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;03/06/2000, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p42
Reports on the telephone models and technologies launched by Nokia Corp.'s at the Wireless 2000 telecommunications exhibition. General Packet Radio Service; Enhanced Data rate for Global Evolution service; 8890 dual-band GSM 900Mhz/1.9Hz cellular telephone.
- Inextricably Wireless & Internet. Wickham, Rhonda L. // Wireless Review;03/15/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p5
Focuses on the integration of wireless communication system and the Internet discussed at the Wireless 2000 exhibition in the United States. Forecast on the direction of Vodafone AirTouch; Subscriber ownership in wireless Internet services.
- Flickering Scenes From A Dot-com Road Show. Lee, Rikki // Wireless Week;03/06/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 10, p6
Describes the events at Wireless 2000 exhibition. Significance of the presence of the high-profile businessperson in the world; Announcements and demonstrations from Microsoft during the exhibition; Steps the wireless industry can take to prevent services from following the lackluster cellular...
- Motorola Unveils 3G Enhancement. // Wireless Week;03/06/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 10, p12
Reports that Motorola's Network Solutions Sector has unveiled its technology enhancement for its third generation computers at the Wireless 2000 exhibition. Information on the companies testing 1XRTT systems; Statement issued by Maureen Grzelakowski, the Network Solutions Sector's general...
- Gates influenced media world more than anyone else. Barrett, Steve // Media Week;7/1/2008, Issue 1167, p22
The author argues how Bill Gates, co-founder of Microsoft Corp., influenced the media and communications industry worldwide. He reveals how Gate's influence on a personal level can traced back several years before computers and software applications came into existence. He describes how Gates...