Editor's quiz: GI snapshot
- EDITOR'S QUIZ: GI SNAPSHOT: Answer. // Gut;Jun2005, Vol. 54 Issue 6, p796
The article presents answer to a quiz related to the diagnosis a of a 58 year old woman with Crohn's disease who was admitted to the hospital with malaise, rigors, bloody diarrhoea, and a vague perianal pain. Her Crohn's disease was previously well controlled on mesalazine, with few...
- Question of the Month: Renal Disease and Electrolytes. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Feb70, Vol. 72 Issue 2, p222
Presents a question related to a case of a woman who had menorrhagia.
- Clinical Features of Crohn's Disease in Ireland. Fielding, J. F. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Jul1986, Vol. 81 Issue 7, p524
Irish men and women are at equal risk of developing Crohn's disease. Age at diagnosis (12--mean 30.5-75 yr) and duration of symptoms before diagnosis (1-- mean 35.7-444 months) are similar to those for Crohn's disease in other countries. The proportion of patients with macroscopic involvement of...
- Crohn's disease in women. Plavšić, Ivana; Tea Štimac, Tea; Hauser, Goran // International Journal of Women's Health;2013, Vol. 5, p681
This article provides an overview of the obstetric and gynecological manifestations of Crohn's disease (CD). High incidence of the new onset of the disease in young women in their reproductive years demands special concern from physicians involved in their treatment. Pregnant women with CD are...
- Pelvic inflammatory disease. Fry, Mandy // Pulse;2/24/2010, Vol. 70 Issue 6, p15
The article presents questions and answers related to pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) including the clinical features to be used in making a confident diagnosis of this disease, how to manage chronic PID, and why women are more prone to such disease than others, regardless of sexual activity.
- Quiz case of the month. Paraira, M.; Úbeda, B.; Alert, E.; Alegret, X. // European Radiology;Aug2000, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p1361
The article presents quiz on a case in which a 26-year-old woman presented to her gynecologist with dyspareunia. A 10-centimeter nontender mass was palpable adjacent to the left anterolateral wall of the patient's vagina. The patient underwent marsupialization of the cyst into the vagina after...
- 38-Year-Old Woman With Abnormal Liver Enzymes and Hyperlipidemia. Silveira, Marina G.; Lindor, Keith D. // Mayo Clinic Proceedings;Jun2009, Vol. 84 Issue 6, p551
The article presents questions and answers related to medicine including the most likely diagnosis to the case of a 38-year-old woman who was asymptomatic except for intermittent fatigue, the best screening tool for the suspected diagnosis, and the most effective drug in controlling the...
- Did You know? // East Bernard Express (TX);6/11/2009, Vol. 66 Issue 24, p5
The article presents questions and answers related to hot flashes including the symptoms of hot flashes and how to manage hot flashes.
- EDITOR'S QUIZ: GI SNAPSHOT. // Gut;Aug2007, Vol. 56 Issue 8, p1164
The article discusses the use of wireless capsule endoscopy (WCE) in the diagnosis of multiple aphtoid ulcerations of the small intestine in a woman with Crohn's disease (CD). It is accounted that the use of WCE is usually enough evidence to direct the appropriate treatment for CD. Since the...