- When to Send for Macugen. Ajamian, Paul C. // Review of Optometry;3/15/2005, Vol. 142 Issue 3, p75
The article presents questions and answers concerning the field of optometry. The expert says that patients with wet AMD and CNV should be followed closely by the retinal specialist, who will perform regular evaluations with fluorescein angiography and/or optical coherence tomography to watch...
- Pelvic inflammatory disease. Fry, Mandy // Pulse;2/24/2010, Vol. 70 Issue 6, p15
The article presents questions and answers related to pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) including the clinical features to be used in making a confident diagnosis of this disease, how to manage chronic PID, and why women are more prone to such disease than others, regardless of sexual activity.
- Clinical Quiz. // American Family Physician;5/1/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 9, p1647
Presents a clinical quiz related to several medical research focused on physician's patient-oriented management of diseases. INSETS: Instructions;CME Quality Survey.
- Use care when preparing bills. Manopoli, Vincent; Rizzo, Liz // Ophthalmology Times;1/15/96, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p19
Presents a question and answer on billing procedures for fluorescein angiographies. Questions; Answers.
- An evolving headache. Simpson, M.; Duncan, C.; Knight, R.; Strachan, M. W. J. // Practical Neurology (BMJ Publishing Group);Feb2008, Vol. 8 Issue 1, p62
The article presents questions and answers related to a medical case that involves a 42-year old taxi driver with a one-year history of headache, including what the diagnosis is, whether the patient requires brain imaging, and how to interpret the computed tomography and magnetic resonance brain...
- EDITOR'S QUIZ: GI SNAPSHOT. // Gut;Sep2006, Vol. 55 Issue 9, p1289
The article presents an answer to a question on the diagnosis of a disease in a patient as revealed by the computed tomography (CT) of his abdomen and his colonic specimen. The CT scan revealed the existence of free intraperitoneal gas anterior to the liver. However, no microscopic features of...
- RADIOLOGY CORNER. Tillman, Brendon G.; Folio, Les R.; Choi, Richard // Military Medicine;Dec2006, Vol. 171 Issue 12, pv
The article presents questions and answers related to radiology. It mentions that the third most diagnosed malignant neoplasm and the second leading cause of cancer related mortality in the U.S. is colon cancer. The diagnosis for an asymptomatic man who has been ordered to undergo...
- Electron-beam CT is an excellent method of detecting calcified plaques. // Modern Medicine;Oct97, Vol. 65 Issue 10, p50
Presents an abstract of the article entitled `Comparison of Electron Beam Computed Tomography With Intracoronary Angiography for Detection of Coronary Atherosclerosis,' by D. Baumgart, A. Schmermund et al published in the July 1997 issue of the `Journal of the American College of Cardiology.'
- ANSWER. // Gut;Aug2008, Vol. 57 Issue 8, p1040
The article provides an answer to the question on the diagnosis.