Recent Advances in the Diagnosis and Management of Malignant Pleural Effusions
- EpiCept cancer drug completes Phase I. // PharmaWatch: Cancer;Nov2007, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p5
The article reports that the cancer drug of EpiCept Corp. has met its objectives for the Phase 1 clinical trial of EPC2407. It stated that EPC2407 is a small molecule vascular disruption agent and apoptosis inducer for the intervention of advanced solid tumors and lymphomas. Furthermore, the...
- High incidence of late effects found in Hodgkin's lymphoma survivors, following recall for breast cancer screening. Greenfield, D. M.; Wright, J.; Brown, J. E.; Hancock, B. W.; Davies, H. A.; O'Toole, L.; Eiser, C.; Coleman, R. E.; Ross, R. J. // British Journal of Cancer;2/27/2006, Vol. 94 Issue 4, p469
Assessment of late effects in a cohort of female Hodgkin's lymphoma patients treated with mantle radiotherapy, identified from the DoH breast cancer screening recall showed high mortality and frequent undiagnosed abnormalities in tissues affected by radiotherapy. With increasing age, this...
- Bilateral primary breast lymphoma: A Case Report With Review Of Literature. Pankaj, Srivastava; Shalini, Srivastava // Internet Journal of Oncology;2008, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p7
We present a rare case of bilateral primary lymphoma of the breast in a young multiparous woman followed by a brief review of the literature.
- Survivin, a Member of the Inhibitors of Apoptosis Family, Is Down-Regulated in Breast Carcinoma Effusions. Lilach Kleinberg; Vivi FlÃ¸renes // American Journal of Clinical Pathology;Sep2007, Vol. 128 Issue 3, p389
We analyzed the expression and prognostic role of inhibitors of apoptosis in breast carcinoma effusions. We used immunoblotting to analyze 22 effusions for XIAP, survivin, and livin expression. Based on immunoblotting results, 49 effusions and 46 corresponding solid tumors were immunostained for...
- AZGP1 and SPDEF mRNA expression differentiates breast carcinoma from ovarian serous carcinoma. Stavnes, Helene; Nymoen, Dag; Langerød, Anita; Holth, Arild; Børresen Dale, Anne-Lise; Davidson, Ben // Virchows Archiv;Feb2013, Vol. 462 Issue 2, p163
The ANPEP, AZGP1, and SPDEF genes were previously found to be overexpressed in breast compared to ovarian carcinoma effusions. The present study validated this finding in a larger cohort consisting of both primary and metastatic tumors. ANPEP, AZGP1, and SPDEF mRNA expression was investigated in...
- Stereotactic breast biopsy: Comparison of 14- and 11-gauge... Burbank, Fred // American Surgeon;Nov1997, Vol. 63 Issue 11, p988
Compares the specimen weights, tissue acquisition times and complication rates for 14- and 11-gauge Mammotome probes during stereotactic breast biopsy. Device used to perform breast biopsy; Final dressing for the 14-gauge biopsy site; Summary of breast tissue weights submitted to the Pathology...
- Foreword. Sweetenham, John // Current Medical Literature: Leukemia & Lymphoma;2006, Vol. 14 Issue 1, preceding p1
States that the papers cited in the journal "Current Medical Literature--Leukemia & Lymphoma" is a valuable resource for those people interested in hematological malignancy. Description of the papers published in the journal; Comment on articles included in the journal; Importance of the journal.
- Lymphoma Associated with Gastrointestinal Adenocarcinoma. Thurnherr, N.; Sherlock, P.; Winawer, S. J.; Katz, S. // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Jan1974, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p28
Investigates cases of lymphoma with gastrointestinal adenocarcinoma. Background on the patients; Result of the x-rays of the gastrointestinal tract; Treatment of the patients;
- 5'?3' Exonuclease-Based Real-Time PCR Assays for Detecting the t(14;18)(q32;21): A Survey of 162 Malignant Lymphomas and Reactive Specimens. Estalilla, Oscar C.; Medeiros, L. Jeffrey; Manning Jr., John T.; Luthra, Rajyalakshmi // Modern Pathology;Jun2000, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p661
We describe our experience using two real-time polymerase chain reaction (PCR) assays for detecting the t(14;18) (q32;q21) in a large series of non- Hodgkin's lymphomas (NHLs). These assays utilize the 5'â†’3' exonuclease activity of Taq polymerase, which cleaves a probe labeled with a...