- Want to Be a Millionaire? Take This Scientific Test. Randi, James // Odyssey;Dec2000, Vol. 9 Issue 9, p32
Details a scientific test designed to prove that dowsers are fooling themselves.
- Water Divining. Nixon, Bob // Australasian Science;May2002, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p44
Discusses the scientific basis of water divining or dowsing. Description of water diviners; Attitude of water diviners toward payment for their charges; Geographic explanation of water divining.
- Sowing oats, reaping compassion. Berryhill, Allison // Christian Science Monitor;5/26/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 130, p22
No abstract available.
- How a dinner plate saved Grampy's life. Gould, John // Christian Science Monitor;5/26/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 130, p23
No abstract available.
- Keeping lights out of Kennedy's eyes. August, Melissa; Lofaro, Lina // Time;10/16/1995, Vol. 146 Issue 16, p37
Examines what `Time' magazine featured on its cover thirty-five years ago, on October 17, 1960, as well as other news items at that time. Clark Kerr, president of the growing University of California; Comments about the Kennedy-Nixon debates.
- Nostalgia: A psychological perspective. Batcho, Krystine Irene // Perceptual & Motor Skills;Feb95, Vol. 80 Issue 1, p131
Analyzes the concept of nostalgia as a multifaceted construct. Examination of the experiences of nostalgia among various age groups; Assessment of nostalgia for several aspects of experience and relative judgements of the world past, present and future; Survey from 648 respondents; Relations of...
- Show girls back then. Horowitz, Janice M.; Lofaro, Lina // Time;10/2/1995, Vol. 146 Issue 14, p31
Reflects what happened 45 years ago as reported in `Time' magazine. How the magazine cover featured Defense Commissioner William S. Knudsen of General Motors; The show girl Margie Hart who played Manhattan theaters and the Midwest burlesque houses, and gave Major General William N. Haskell 50...
- 'We Don't Give a Damn How They Do It Outside'. HITCHCOCK, BONNIE-SUE // High Country News;3/4/2013, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p27
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of nostalgia while living outside Alaska.
- 35 years ago in Time. August, Melissa; Lofaro, Lina // Time;12/11/1995, Vol. 146 Issue 24, p31
Presents the cover of `Time' magazine as it appeared thirty five years ago, on December 12, 1960. Father John Courtney Murray debating issues of church and state; Inflammatory remarks taken from that civil rights battlefield being quoted alongside the cover page.