Management of Melanocytic Lesions in the Primary Care Setting
- A testicular mass. Pinkowish, Mary Desmond // Patient Care;Dec2002, Vol. 36 Issue 14, p10
Offers advice for patients with testicular mass. Manifestations of testicular cancer; Factors to consider in the physical examination of the testes; Need to avoid transcrotal biopsy.
- nevolipoma. // Taber's Cyclopedic Medical Dictionary (2009);2009, Issue 21, p1582
A definition of the term "nevolipoma," which refers to nevus lipomatous, is presented.
- Does size matter when it comes to congenital nevi in children? Hilton, Lisette // Dermatology Times;Apr2001, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p42
Reports the scarcity of congenital nevus conversion into melanoma. Risk for development of neurocutaneous melanosis from large nevi; Absence of melanomas in medium-sized levi; Low risk of melanomas in African-Americans; Unnecessity of nevi removal.
- Lack of Genetic and Epigenetic Changes in CDKN2A in Melanocytic Nevi. Welch, John; Millar, Doug; Goldman, Alana; Heenan, Peter; Stark, Mitchell; Eldon, Michael; Clark, Susan; Martin, Nicholas G.; Hayward, Nicholas K. // Journal of Investigative Dermatology;Aug2001, Vol. 117 Issue 2, p383
Focuses on a study which demonstrated the lack of genetic and epigenetic changes in CDKN2A melanocytic nevi. Materials and methods; Risk factors for melanoma; Evidence for linkage of common nevus count with CDKN2A.
- HÃ AINDA ESPAÃ‡O PARA O EXAME FÃSICO NO DIAGNÃ“STICO DE APENDICITE AGUDA? Pereira Cardoso dos SANTOS, Geórgia; Fernandes FREGONEIS, Eduara; Brasil TREVISAN, Nilo; Eduardo NASSIF, Assair // Brazilian Journal of Surgery & Clinical Research;set-nov2013, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p56
Appendicitis is one of the most frequent disease of urgent surgery, whose diagnosis is mainly clinical, based on the natural history and physical examination of the patient. However, the radiologic and laboratory exams play an active aid in diagnosis. Thus, the goal of this study was to address...
- Giant colonic diverticulum. Altaf, Nishath; Geary, Sue; Ahmed, Irfan // Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine;Apr2005, Vol. 98 Issue 4, p169
The article presents a case of an 82 year old man with giant colonic diverticulum. He underwent a physical and laboratory examination which showed a non-tender central abdominal mass. His plain abdominal x-ray showed a large central air-filled cyst and air was found throughout the colon and...
- Diverse Presentations of Carcinoma Erysipelatoides from a Teaching Hospital in Australia. Hui Ting Chow; Kim Tran; Millar, Ewan K. A.; Lynch, Jodi; Murrell, Dedee F. // Case Reports in Dermatological Medicine;2012, p1
Inflammatory breast carcinoma is a rare form of advanced breast cancer which carries a poor prognosis, even with treatment. Diagnosis is reached on clinical and pathological grounds; however, due to its propensity to mimic other conditions, it may often be delayed or missed by attending...
- Tuberculous Pyomyositis Masquerading as Pyogenic Infection. Meller, Menachem M. // Case Connector;2012, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p1
The article presents a case study of a 40-year-old native Laotian man who was presented with symptoms of right hip and leg pain for seven months. He was given Lorazepam and ibuprofen and physical examination, laboratory examination and Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) was obtained. It says that...
- Accessory Thyroid Gland In A Patient with Hypothyroid State. MANNAN, M. A.; BEGUM, RUBINA; HAFIZUR RAHMAN, MUHAMMAD; HASSAN, KHALED; AZIZUL HOQUE, MIRZA // Journal of Medicine;Jul2011, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p180
A 40 yrs female muslim housewife attended Endocrinology department of Dhaka Medical College Hospital with the complaints of swelling in front of neck, alone with dryness of the skin, cold intolerance, constipation and menorrhagia. Physical examination and laboratory investigations substantiated...