Patient Selection for Liver Transplant: 1-Year Experience With 555 Patients at a Single Center
- Patient Selection in Liver Transplant: When Is It the Right Time to List? Selvaggi, Gennaro // Mayo Clinic Proceedings;Feb2008, Vol. 83 Issue 2, p140
The author reflects on the study of how and when a patient should be placed on the list based on their Model for End Stage Liver Disease (MELD) score. The author stated that the MELD scoring system was carried out to allocate liver grafts in a more systematic and objective manner. According to...
- The Youngest Member of the Old School. Wong, Linda // Hawaii Journal of Medicine & Public Health;Sep2013 Supplement 4, Vol. 72 Issue 9, p86
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of developing and maintaining friendship with a liver transplant patient.
- Peginterferon/ribavirin. // Reactions Weekly;6/9/2012, Issue 1405, p29
The article describes the case of two male and one female liver transplant patients with hepatitis C virus (HCV)/human T cell leukaemia virus type 1 (HTLV-1) coinfections, aged 54-68 years, who developed chronic rejection (CR) while receiving peginterferon and ribavirin and later died.
- CALIDAD DE VIDA EN PACIENTES CON TRASPLANTE DE HÃGADO. Burgos Camacho, Viviana Angélica; Amador Andrade, Adriana; Ballesteros De Valderrama, Blanca Patricia // Universitas Psychologica;may-ago2007, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p383
A study aimed to describe and evaluate the quality of life in patients with liver transplants in the last 15 years, in Colombia, is presented. Twenty five patients voluntarily participated through an informed consent. Quality of life was evaluated with a semi structured interview, with some...
- Model for end-stage liver disease versus the Child-Pugh score in predicting the post-transplant 3-month and 1-year mortality in a cohort of Chinese recipients. Zhiyong Guo; Xiaoshun He; Linwei Wu; Weiqiang Ju; Anbin Hu; Qiang Tai; Dongping Wang; Yi Ma; Guodong Wang; Xiaofeng Zhu; Jiefu Huang // Surgery Today;Jan2010, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p38
Abstract PurposeÂ Â This study evaluated the performance of the model for end-stage liver disease (MELD) in predicting post-transplant survival in a cohort of Chinese patients, and compared its predictive ability with that of the Child-Pugh score. MethodsÂ Â The study enrolled 117...
- Genogrouping and Incidence of Virulence Factors of Enterococcus faecalis in Liver Transplant Patients Differ from Blood Culture and Fecal Isolates. Waar, Karola; Muscholl-Silberhorn, Albrecht B.; Willems, Rob J.L.; Slooff, Maarten J.H.; Harmsen, Hermie J.M.; Degener, John E. // Journal of Infectious Diseases;4/15/2002, Vol. 185 Issue 8, p1121
Enterococcus faecalis is a leading cause of infections in liver transplant patients. This study reviewed the incidence of virulence factors such as hemolysin, gelatinase, aggregation substances (asa1 and asa373), or the enterococcal surface protein (Esp) in isolates from liver transplant ...
- Hyponatremia and Mortality among Patients Waiting for Liver Transplantation. Kim, W. Ray; Wiesner, Russell H.; Kamath, Patrick S. // New England Journal of Medicine;12/11/2008, Vol. 359 Issue 24, p2615
The authors reply to letters written in response to the article "Hyponatremia and Mortality Among Patients on the Liver-transplant Waiting List" in the September 4, 2008 issue.
- Gold Mettle. Lambert, Pam; Bane, Vickie // People;12/3/2001, Vol. 56 Issue 23, p141
Profiles snowboarder Chris Klug, who survived a liver transplant, and how he suffered with primary sclerosing cholangitis.
- Metabolic syndrome found in more than half of patients after liver transplantation. // Endocrine Today;Apr2011, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p46
The article discusses search being done on the occurrence of metabolic syndrome in patients who had undergone liver transplantation, referencing a study by I. Iaish et al, published in a 2010 issue of "Liver Transplantation."