- Birdshot uveitis: clinical features and treatment. Wilson, Claudia; Gibbons, Helen // International Journal of Ophthalmic Practice;December 2012/January 2013, Vol. 3 Issue 6, p250
Uveitis, is the term used to describe inflammation of the uveal tract, i.e. iris, ciliary body, choroid. Birdshot uveitis is a chronic posterior uveitis which is an inflammatory, autoimmune disease. It tends to affect both eyes which may not happen initially but over a few years it normally...
- The effect of optic disc diameter on vertical cup to disc ratio percentiles in a population based cohort: the Blue Mountains Eye Study. Crowston, J. G.; Hopley, C. R.; Healey, P. R.; Lee, A.; Mitchell, P. // British Journal of Ophthalmology;Jun2004, Vol. 88 Issue 6, p766
Objective: The 97.5th percentile for vertical cup to disc ratio (VCDR) has been proposed as a useful tool to assist in the diagnosis of glaucoma in population studies. Previous reports of VCDR percentiles have either not been adjusted for disc size or have been calculated by regression analysis...
- Analysis of foveal avascular zone for grading of diabetic retinopathy severity based on curvelet transform. Alipour, Shirin; Rabbani, Hossein; Akhlaghi, Mohammadreza; Dehnavi, Alireza; Javanmard, Shaghayegh // Graefe's Archive of Clinical & Experimental Ophthalmology;Nov2012, Vol. 250 Issue 11, p1607
Introduction: Diabetes disturbs many parts of the body. One of the most common and serious complications of this disease is Diabetic Retinopathy (DR). In this process, blood vessels of the retina are damaged and leak into the retina. In later stages, DR affects the fovea. In these cases, the...
- Personal Authentication through Retinal Blood Vessels Intersection Points Matching. Siddiqui, Md. Amran; Iqbal, S. M. Hasan Sazzad; Salehin, Md. Rounok // International Journal of Computer Applications;Nov2011, Vol. 33, p34
This paper presents a method of personal authentication process using digital retinal image matching. The process composed of four modules: reference point's detection, blood vessel segmentation and derivation of corresponding binary image skeleton of one pixel width, feature points extraction...
- Retinal NFL thickness unchanged after LASIK. Scerra, Chet // Ophthalmology Times;4/1/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p22
Presents a study on retinal nerve fiber layer (NFL) thickness in patients undergoing LASIK eye surgery. Number of patients examined; Exclusion criteria for the study; Information on the scanning laser tomography procedure.
- Reply. Singh, A // Eye;Mar2003, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p283
Replies to thank professor McLeod for his comments regarding the nature of arterial occlusion in eyes with central retinal vein occlusion (CRVO). Reasons given by the author for his conclusions about the type of affected artery; Factors responsible for the filling of occluded retinal vessel with...
- Expounding newer vistas in VEGF. Natarajan, Sundaram // Indian Journal of Ophthalmology;Jan2013, Vol. 61 Issue 1, p1
An introduction is presented for the articles published in the periodical which incorporates the topics retinal venous occlusions, eye care in diabetes and pathophysiology of eye diseases.
- FeokromasitomalÄ± Bir Olguda Optik Sinir BaÅŸÄ±nÄ±n Kapiller Hemanjiomu. AY, Berrin Gül; KIRGIZ, Ahmet; ORUÇ, Yavuz; ARSLAN, Sermal; YILMAZ, Turgut // Retina-Vitreus/Journal of Retina-Vitreous;Jun2011, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p134
The retinal capillary hemangioma is a rare, benign vascular tumor that arises from the blood vessels of the retina or optic disc. We present the case of a 17-year-old male with pheochromocytoma and capillary hemangioma of the optic nerve head in the left eye.
- Semiautomated computer analysis of vessel growth in preterm infants without and with ROP. Swanson, C.; Cocker, K. D.; Parker, K. H.; Moseley, M. J.; Fielder, A. R. // British Journal of Ophthalmology;Dec2003, Vol. 87 Issue 12, p1474
Aims: To measure characteristics of the retinal blood vessels close to the optic disc in full term and preterm infants, with and without retinopathy of prematurity (ROP), using digital imaging. To determine whether these measures are indicative of the presence or severity of ROP in the retinal...