Woven Connects With $20M
- Venture Capitalists Are Flush With Cash--and Caution. Vyas, Rajiv // Orange County Business Journal;11/19/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 47, p1
Focuses on the increased financial gains of venture capitalists in Orange County, California. Risks anticipated by venture capitalists; Views of Randall Lunn of Palomar Ventures LP on investment risks; Search for suitable funds.
- Venture Capital's Old Norms Are New Again. Vyas, Rajiv // Orange County Business Journal;11/19/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 47, p51
Focuses on the impact of the venture investment decline on the economy in Orange County, California. Difficulty in raising investments; Plan of Arcturus Capital to close initial round of venture fund; Amount of capital raised by Palomar Ventures.
- LIQUID AND LOOKING. Vyas, Rajiv // Orange County Business Journal;10/1/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 40, p1
Describes the investment strategy of venture capital firm Palomar Ventures of Santa Monica, California. Partnership with entrepreneurs; Amount of funds the company plans to invest in startups; Industries where Palomar primarily invests.
- Goldman Fund Eyes Venture 'Secondaries' // American Banker;8/22/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 162, p20
Reports that Goldman Sachs Group Inc. is raising fund to acquire stakes in venture capital and buyout partnerships from other investors. Cutting back on private equity by investors; Why it is a good time to invest in secondaries; Comments.
- StorageNet raises $50M in new financing. Pedone, Rose Robin // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);07/09/2000, Vol. 46 Issue 28, p5A
Reports that StorageNetworks Inc. has received a second round of financing in Long Island, New York from a group of investors led by Goldman Sachs & Co. Plan to add high technology jobs; Business specialization; Comments of marketing director Tom Lahive on the capital infusion.
- Mobile operators turn venture capitalists. M.S. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Nov2000, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p14
Reports that several mobile phone operators in Europe have created their own venture funds to invest in wireless and Internet start-up companies. Amount of funds allotted for Vodafone Ventures; Selection of Goldman Sachs as Vodafone Ventures' global investment bank; Criteria of Orange Ventures...
- Benchmark and Goldman: An IPO Pipeline? Creswell, Julie // Fortune;1/10/2000, Vol. 141 Issue 1, p168
Focuses on collaboration between venture capital firm Benchmark Capital and investment bank Goldman Sachs. Initial public offerings (IPO) on which they collaborated in 1999; Connection of Benchmark partners to Goldman; Performance of stocks.
- Despite Lower Volume, Taxables Continue Expansionary Trend. Johnson, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/2/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32021, p7
The article reveals that the taxable municipal market has continued its expansionary trend over the past four years even though volume in 2004 was lower than 2003, according to a panel of financial professionals at The Bond Buyer's annual Metro Finance Conference. The taxable municipal market...
- INVESTORS SPEED TO ZOOM. // CardLine;11/3/2006, Vol. 6 Issue 44, p5
The article reports on the amount raised by Zoom Systems in Series D financing from Goldman, Sachs & Co., Sierra Ventures and Motorola Ventures in November 2006. Zoom Systems operates so-called robotic stores, glitzy, super-size vending machines typically placed in hotels, malls, airports,...