Zillow Remodels with $30M
- Legg Mulls Outside Sales Of Proprietary Funds. Horowitz, Jed // On Wall Street;Jun99, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p32
Reports on Legg Mason Incorporated and the issue on outside sales of its 20 proprietary mutual funds through other broker or dealers. Details on the issue of portability for brokers; Plans of the company to move towards portability; Comments from James Brinkley, president and chief operating...
- Legg Mason Unveils Large Cap Mutual Fund. // Plan Advisor News;2014, p21
The article features the BW Dynamic Large Cap Value Fund from asset management company Legg Mason.
- Institutions pile into Sears. Jones, Sandra // Crain's Chicago Business;9/12/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 37, p4
The article reports that two large institutional investors poured money into Sears Holdings Corp. in the second quarter, part of a wave of institutional buying since Edward S. Lampert, the billionaire hedge fund manager, took control of the company in late March. Leading the way was Bill Miller,...
- IN BRIEF. // Fund Strategy;6/16/2008, p7
The article offers news briefs in Great Britain. BlackRock Inc. plans to launch an offshore BGF China fund with British distributor status. Baillie Gifford has appointed Donald Farquharson as an investment manager in the Japanese equity team. Legg Mason Inc. launched the Batterymarch Emerging...
- Legg brokers get new trust products. Atkinson // Bank Investment Consultant;Aug99, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p9
Reports on the launch of an array of trust products by brokerage firm Legg Mason, as a result of being granted a federal thrift charter in late May 1999. Company background; Product features.
- Legg Mason Institutional Funds assets up 36%. Kovaleski, Dave // Pensions & Investments;4/29/2002, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p41
Reports on the increase in mutual fund assets of Legg Mason Inc. in Baltimore, Maryland. Percentage of the fund asset increase; Amount of assets in fixed-income funds; Statement regarding asset growth by managing director Tom Hirschmann.
- Legg Mason to seek approval for UK retail fund mergers. Lewis, Adam // Fund Strategy;1/23/2006, p5
The article reports on the plan of Legg Mason Investment Holdings Ltd. to seek unitholder approval for two mergers of its retail funds in Great Britain. If approved, it will combine the UK Opportunities fund into the UK Equity fund and merge the European TMT fund into the Continental European...
- PRODUCT MATTERS. Dampier, Mark // Money Marketing;01/31/2002, p108
Comments on Legg Mason's American Value Fund. Basis of the fund; Strategy of Bill Miller, fund manager of American Value Fund, in investments; Investment yield which Miller was able to make from investments in Dell Computer and AOL.
- Elsewhere, Value Is In. Welch, James // On Wall Street;Jan2000, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p23
Reports that Legg Mason and Janus have introduced new value funds as of January 2000. Description of the value funds; Managers of the companies' value funds.