Conterra Clicks $41M
- Achieving Summary Prospectus Compliance. Long, Gavin // Money Management Executive;1/5/2015, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p9
The article discusses actions firms should consider to address the challenges of complying with Rule 498 and delivering a positive investor experience. Thse include managing swift technology change and investor expectations to receive digital content on mobile devices, re-checking the Security &...
- Investors sue start-up prepaid cellular firms. Luna, Lynette // RCR;06/01/98, Vol. 17 Issue 22, p16
States that a class-action lawsuit againts the businesses' promotors, claiming they cheated investors out of more than $58 million has been filed by two investors in the start-up prepaid cellular phone business. Where the lawsuit was filed; Circumstances surrounding the lawsuit; Who are they...
- World phone. Langreth, Robert // Popular Science;Mar94, Vol. 244 Issue 3, p60
Examines how the fantasy of a wireless telephone that works everywhere and is small enough to slip into a pocket is beginning to look real. Pros and cons of cellular phones; New generation of portable phones, generically named personal communications networks (PCNs) or personal communication...
- Extending cellular coverage to remote areas. Marvin, Cloyd E.; Johnson, Edward R. // Telecom Asia;May95, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p43
Features a new technology in remote area coverage using high-power remote cells. Enhancement of existing cellular networks coverage; Advantages and disadvantages of base stations and off-air repeater extensions; Remote cell setup.
- CDMA is ready to go. Crawford, Thomas R. // Telephony;1/10/94, Vol. 226 Issue 2, p16
Discusses the advantages of code division multiple access (CDMA) over time division multiple access (TDMA) digital cellular technologies within the cellular industry. Intensity of the need for technological solution to limited cellular bandwidth; Relative benefits of CDMA technology over TDMA;...
- TDMA is available now and offers ongoing refinements. Mason, Charles F. // Telephony;1/10/94, Vol. 226 Issue 2, p22
Discusses the advantages of time division multiple access (TDMA) over code division multiple access (CDMA). Debate on the availability of the technology; Recognition of the need to begin the transition of digital six years ago; Maintenance of the carriers' advanced mobile phone service (AMPS)...
- For the Electronically Challenged. // Bulverde Standard (Canyon Lake, TX);7/22/2009, Vol. 26 Issue 29, p8
In this article, the author reflects on the continuous innovation of cellular phones.
- New phones keep you connected, but not tethered. Hadley, Mark // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;05/26/97, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p11
Focuses on technological advances in cellular telephones. Shift from analog to digital communication and introduction of spread-spectrum technology as the two factors behind the enhanced capabilities; Examples of new wireless phone technology.
- Is the cordless phone on a leash of static? Try a 900-MHz. Belsie, Laurent // Christian Science Monitor;11/14/95, Vol. 87 Issue 245, p13
Comments on the recent invention of the 900-MHz cordless phones which provide a better range and are more powerful. Difference between the Panasonic KXT9550 and the AT&T 9300 cordless; Cost of the product; Related details.