- Industry Comment: Microsoft: jumping into the VoIP fray. // MarketWatch: Telecoms;Feb2006, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p4
This article reports on software giant Microsoft Corp.'s entry into the Internet telephony or voice-over-Internet Protocol (VoIP) market in the U.S. through a strategic alliance with telephone company MCI Communications. The Web Calling for Windows Live service will be available via the Windows...
- Microsoft/MCI: taking on Skype. // MarketWatch: Telecoms;Feb2006, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p5
This article explains that an Internet telephony strategic alliance between software giant Microsoft Corp. and telephone company MCI Communications Inc. poses a competitive challenge to Skype in the U.S. The service combines Microsoft's computer-to-computer voice and instant messaging...
- Microsoft, LG-Nortel Team for IP Phone. // Electronic News;7/3/2006, Vol. 52 Issue 27, p16
This article reports that LG-Nortel is collaborating with Microsoft to make a business enabled Internet Protocol (IP) desktop telephone built on Microsoft's unified communications platform and geared toward medium-to-large enterprises and government departments. The new IP desktop telphones will...
- Mobile Inter/Intra nets. // Management Services;Apr99, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p32
The article discusses the alliance between Information technology firms British telecom PLC and Microsoft Corp., to develop a new range of Internet, Intranet and corporate data services for mobile users outside the U.S. to securely access Microsoft's range of Internet and corporate applications....
- IP telephony linked to CRM. Musich, Paula // eWeek;8/30/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 35, p31
Cisco Systems Inc., in its SMB Alliance with Microsoft Corp. last week released a program that integrates its IP telephony software with Microsoft CRM. The connector, released for free to Cisco IP Communications-certified channel partners, opens customer contact records on an employeeâ€™s...
- Access charges, be gone! F.D. // Inter@ctive Week;3/3/97, Vol. 4 Issue 6, pI-6
Looks at issues concerning Internet packet telephony in the United States. Potential loss of access revenue for telephone companies; Deregulation of the telephony market.
- Cortana-like Personalization Comes to Microsoft Bing. Hernandez, Pedro // eWeek;4/17/2014, p4
The article features the Cortana voice-enabled digital assistant technology for Windows Phone 8.1 developed by software firm Microsoft.
- Freak Fix Released. // Micro Mart;3/26/2015, Issue 1355, p32
The article reports that the Freak web browser bug has been addressed by technology firms Apple Inc. and software maker Microsoft after security experts found the bug allowing hackers to attack systems using encryption technology.
- Apple is leading brand. // Accountancy;May2008, Vol. 141 Issue 1377, p69
The article reports on the results of a survey that was conducted by brandchannel.com. The survey found that the Apple brand has the biggest impact on the world's consumers despite the fact that Microsoft, the world's largest software maker, has very few image problems. The survey also found...