- Yahoo! expands wireless search capabilities. Gibbs, Colin // RCR Wireless News;7/11/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 28, p4
Reports on the Yahoo! SMS text message-based search service launched by Yahoo! in the U.S. in July 2005. Similarity of the service with the SMS search service of Google; Benefits of the Yahoo! SMS for customers; Views of 4INFO CEO Pankaj Shah on the uptake of the service by consumers.
- Yahoo mixes up mobile social networking with 'Mixd' launch. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;12/4/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 49, p7
The article focuses on the Mixd service lunched by Yahoo Inc. The new service acts as a sort of messaging hub for cellphone users to set up meetings and other events. The site, mixd.yahoo.com, can also serve as a "day after" meet-up spot, creating Web pages to store picture messages that users...
- McLuhan Redivivus. DeKay, Sam H. // Business & Professional Communication Quarterly;03/01/2014, p50
The article introduces content in the current issue including an article by Washington, Okoro, and Cardon about the use of smartphones in the workplace, another by Kiddie on the swift workplace adoption of smartphones and texting, and a third by Grinols and Narran about whether can engage in...
- Wireless Carriers, Feds Launch EAS. // TV Technology;5/31/2011, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p6
The article reports that smart phone users in New York will be among the first in the nation to receive emergency alerts on their handsets through the Personal Localized Alerting Network.
- TECH CORNER. Pfohl, Bill // Communique (0164775X);2010, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p36
The article presents the author's insights regarding the use of updated technology equipment and its integration. The author says that smart phones utility guides location through web browsing using Google maps and search engine. The author mentions the downsides of smart phones technology that...
- Online Marketing Needs a Mobile-First Approach. // PR News;11/10/2014, Issue 43, p1
The article discusses a report from the Internet services provider Google's analytical data tool Dashboard Research Insights on the role of mobile networking in online marketing. Topics discussed include increasing usage of smartphones for accessing internet, use of mobile messaging system as...
- Catering to the Mobile Web. Cusatis, Christine // Advisor Today;Jul/Aug2015, Vol. 110 Issue 4, p24
The article opines that as internet access becomes an increasingly mobile affair, financial advisors in the U.S. should make sure that online communication with their clients and prospects is optimized for smartphones and tablets. Topics include a tool created by Google for users to check how...
- Find the answers you need, minus the noise. A. E. // Marketing News;12/15/2005, Vol. 39 Issue 20, p27
This article reports on the competition between Internet search engines Yahoo! Inc. and Google Inc. First, there was the search engine. Then search engine optimization, then search engine marketing. Now the two companies want to cut through the data with short message search (SMS) programs. Both...
- WhatsApp update brings starred messages, rich preview to Android. // Express Computer;11/27/2015, p1
The article offers information on the WhatsApp messaging application from multinational technology company Google Inc.