- Exclusive study: Prefinished/coated coil. Jancsurak, Joe // Appliance Manufacturer;Dec95 Buyer's Guide, Vol. 43 Issue 12, p32
Presents results of a survey on prefinished/coated coil products within the appliance manufacturing industry. Data on types of prefinished/coated coil products; Advantages and disadvantages of usage; Finishing methods and materials.
- Innovations. // Appliance Manufacturer;Dec95 Buyer's Guide, Vol. 43 Issue 12, p40
Presents advances in the metals, coated coil and prefinished materials used in the appliance industry. Includes cold metal products; General extrusions; Inland steel.
- Market's Cooler, But Hardly Cold. Pinkham, Myra // Metal Center News;Apr2001, Vol. 41 Issue 5, p28
Reports on the expected return of growth rates of major home appliance makers and metals suppliers in the United States in the second half of 2001. Factors accounting for the decline in appliance sales; Impact of the decline in interest rates on sales; growth in the use of stainless steel in...
- Barium. // Water Technology;Jun2010, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p27
The article presents information on Barium, selected by the periodical as the contaminant of the month. It further states that this alkaline-earth metal is found in naturally occurring mineral deposits. It reports on the properties and features of Barium. It states that it is released to water...
- A HOT TIME TO BOND. Noonan, Brian // Appliance Design;Jul2011, Vol. 59 Issue 7, p20
No abstract available.
- Finns, Italians Form Innovations. Jancsurak, Joe // Appliance Manufacturer;Nov2002, Vol. 50 Issue 11, p7
Editorial. Comments on the metalforming and sheet metal fabrication in Europe. Automation of the material management systems; Diversification of the product lines; Creation of commercial appliances.
- Metallic and organic nanomaterials and their use in pollution control: A Review. Shrivastava, V. S. // Archives of Applied Science Research;2010, Vol. 2 Issue 6, p82
A number of chemical contaminants have endangered the quality of drinking water. Realizing the molecular nature of contamination in drinking water, significant progress has beenmade to utilize the chemistry of nanomaterials for water purification. This article summarizes recent efforts in the...
- Release of dissolved trace metals and organic contaminants during deep water disposal of contaminated sediments from Oslo harbour, Norway. Schaanning, Morten; Harman, Christopher; Staalstrøm, André // Journal of Soils & Sediments: Protection, Risk Assessment, & Rem;Dec2011, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p1477
Purpose: The current study was conducted in order to assess the release of dissolved contaminants from sediment relocation works in Oslo harbour, Norway, whilst operations were being carried out, and to assess the potential for spreading into the wider fjord area. Materials and methods: This was...
- Assessment of Water Pollution in the Tronto River (Italy) by Applying Useful Biomarkers in the Fish Model Carassius auratus. Palermo, F. A.; Mosconi, G.; Angeletti, M.; Polzonetti-Magni, A. M. // Archives of Environmental Contamination & Toxicology;Aug2008, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p295
The Tronto River (southern Marche region of central Italy) is located in an area with neighboring industrial activities and is contaminated with domestic and industrial wastewater. Water quality data analyses revealed the presence of a mixture of low levels of heavy metals and organic compounds....