- Investing in our own. Sadd, Graham // Director;Feb1999, Vol. 52 Issue 7, p30
Urges British venture capitalists to invest in Great Britain's computer software industry. Investment trend in Great Britain; Comparison from the venture capitalists in the United States; Implications of foreign ownership.
- The Impact of Subversive Stakeholders On Software Projects. Rost, Johann; Glass, Robert L. // Software Practitioner;May/Jun2009, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p5
"Subversive stakeholders" are software project stakeholders who want the project to fail. This paper reports on a survey study designed to explore incidents of such activity -- how frequently it occurs, why it happens, how such incidents are discovered, and what can be done about it. The study...
- Tools of the Trade. // R&D Magazine;Jun2007, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p24
The article reviews several software products including HydroGeo Analyst version 3.0 from Scientific Software Group, Skytide Analytical Platform version 2.2 from Skytide and Crystal Ball version 7.3 from Hearne Scientific Software LLC.
- Substitution between Foreign Capital in China, India, the Rest of the World, and Latin America: Much Ado about Nothing? Cravino, Javier; Lederman, Daniel; Olarreaga, Marcelo // Journal of Economic Integration;Dec2008, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p953
This paper explores the impact of the emergence of China and India on Foreign Capital Stocks (FCS) in other economies. Using bilateral FCS data from 1990-2003 and drawing from the Knowledge-Capital Model of multinational enterprises to control for fundamental determinants of FCS across...
- The Capital Fund invests in Mtivity and Touch Clarity. // New Media Age;1/29/2004, p8
Reports on the move of Capital Fund, an investment vehicle backed by the London Development Agency and the Department of Trade and Industry's Small Business Service, to invest in online software companies as of January 2004. Amount invested by the fund to Mtivity and Touch Clarity; Worth...
- Share Trackin has many features. // Finance Week;Oct2002 Supplement, p36
Focuses on the features of Share Trackin portfolio management system. Availability of various guidelines in buying and selling stocks; Use of stock options; Selection of investors.
- Tracking Investment Cost Basis. Sternheimer, Laura // Accounting Technology;Apr2009 CPA Wealth, p24
The article provides insights on how investors keep track investments' cost basis in the U.S. The author suggests to confirm all transactions and maintained the year-end account statements to determine cost basis. She also claims that there are computer programs available such as GainsKeeper, to...
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY IN MANAGEMENT OF INVESTMENT PROJECTS IN CROSS-BORDER COOPERATION. Rubish, Maryna A. // Actual Problems of Economics / Aktual'ni Problemi EkonomÃ¬ki;2014, Vol. 151 Issue 1, p525
The issues of the formation of the information base to attract investors, and management of investment projects within the cross-border cooperation are discussed. Software packages that can be used to improve the performance, both in the investment planning process, and in the course of its...
- SA lures software company. Anderson, Belinda // Finweek;10/26/2006, p109
The article reports that several foreign investors were interested in establishing software companies in South Africa. These investors came from different countries such as Scandinavia, Netherlands and India and it venture in South Africa because of cost savings offered by financial...