- Pipeline: Client/Server. // InfoWorld;04/05/99, Vol. 21 Issue 14, p33
Presents information on three client/server computing products. Data Federation System from Cohera Corp.; USBnet device from Entrega technologies Inc.; Security Dynamics Technologies' SecurID for the Palm Computing platform.
- Vendors promote sharing in heterogeneous clusters. Lapolla, Stephanie // PC Week;12/16/96, Vol. 13 Issue 50, p145
Discusses the efforts to build an enterprise computing environment around heterogeneous server clusters. Tandem Computers Inc.; Veritas Software Corp.; Encore Computer Corp.; The Infinity R/T 500 system with Reflective Memory technology from Encore; How Reflective Memory works; Program...
- A SERVER FOR HOME. // APC (Bauer Media Group);Aug2012, p24
The article focuses on the issues related to building a home server.
- THE MOVIE ROUTER. // APC (Bauer Media Group);Sep2011, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p44
The article reports on the efficacy of DLNA server, which is a collection of standards that allow home entertainment devices such as Blu-ray players, televisions, and game consoles to play files over a network.
- Trends in the MCIF industry: Converging Technologies. Coffey, John J.; Palm, Gene // Bank Marketing;Sep99, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p24
Deals with the implications of the convergence of Marketing Computer Information File (MCIF) technologies. Effect of the Open Database Connectivity on MCIF systems; Opinion on the MCIF system's graphical user interfaces; Benefit of integrated mapping technology.
- A framework for change. Cimino, Daniela; Frye, Colleen // Software Magazine;Oct96, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p16
Reports that SAP of Wayne, Pennsylvania, has plans of changing the component architecture for its R/3 client/server system. Reasons for the change; Introductions to be made by SAP; Comments from Alexander Ott, SAP's vice president of global partnerships.
- Telematics-based online clientï¿½server/client collaborative environment for radiotherapy planning simulations. Oyeon Kum // Medical & Biological Engineering & Computing;Nov2007, Vol. 45 Issue 11, p1053
Customized cancer radiation treatment planning for each patient is very useful for both a patient and a doctor because it provides the ability to deliver higher doses to a more accurately defined tumor and at the same time lower doses to organs at risk and normal tissues. This can be realized by...
- IBM storage server hits speed bump. Lelii, Sonia R. // PC Week;02/14/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 7, p1
Focuses on the defects of the Enterprise Storage Server of IBM. Subpar PCI interface of the peripheral causing bottlenecks and various glitches; Number of the machines sold by the company; Strategies to address the problem.
- CLIENT-SERVER USER-INTERFACE TESTING. Mosley, Daniel J.; Sharon, David // IEEE Software;Jan95, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p124
Discusses testing of client-server information systems, which typically have graphical user interfaces. Difference of client-server systems from mainframe systems; Example of a structured graphical user interface (GUI) prototype test plan; Characteristics of an effective GUI testing tool.