- CALENDAR. // Multichannel News;10/20/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 41, p44
A calendar of events of different television networks in 2008 is presented, including the IPTV Corp. World Forum on October 20-21 in Eastern Europe, the Annual Meeting by the Kentucky Cable Telecommunications Association on October 22-23, and the Telco TV 2008 at Anaheim Convention Center in...
- Broadcasters take TV ideas from web. Davies, Jessica // New Media Age;7/22/2010, p09
The article reports on the growing confidence shown by British broadcasters like BBC and UKTV on their online programmes as both a testing ground for their new television (TV) content and as a source for getting talent or concepts.
- Revision3 Launches 7 Shows. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;9/29/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 25, p9
The article reports on the plan of online television network Revision3 to launch its new farm league of seven up-and-coming Web shows on September 29, 2008. Revision3beta.com, part of the network's incubator project to find and grow Web stars and shows, is offering programming that covers...
- ESPN's Skipper: Make 'TV Everywhere' Easier. // Multichannel News;6/11/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 24, p8
The article informs that according to the president of television network ESPN John Skipper the internet television verification system "TC Everywhere," should be simplified for better viewership.
- ESPN Bows Live-TV App for Apple Devices. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;4/11/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 15, p30
The article reports that ESPN has extended its live-television (TV) application service for various mobile devices of Apple Inc. including iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Apple to Launch Subscription Service This Fall. GRUENWEDEL, ERIK // Home Media Magazine;3/23/2015, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p1
The article announces that technology company, Apple will launch online TV serÂvice with 25 channels, including ESPN and FX and states that the move will pose a major challenge to multichannel video program distribution companies like Sony Network Entertainment and Dish network.
- How the nets are doing with digital. Hampp, Andrew; Klaassen, Abbey // Advertising Age;5/21/2007, Vol. 78 Issue 21, p50
The article presents a chart which describes what media buyers think are the strengths and weaknesses of the Internet content offered by the major television broadcasting networks.
- KCRA-TV PUTS THE NEWS WHERE VIEWERS WANT IT. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;7/31/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 30, p64
The article focuses on the Web-only newscast launched by KCRA-TV in Sacramento, California. The station introduced its first installment of Web-only newscasts in early June 2006. The two- to three-minute newscasts produced specifically for KCRA.com run four times a day and are emblematic of both...
- WMAQ-TV SITE GOES VIDEO-CENTRIC. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;7/31/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 30, p64
The article focuses on the web newscast launched by WMAQ-TV in Chicago, Illinois. WMAQ has been particularly aggressive pursuing online opportunities in the past seven months, shoring up its Web site with daily exclusive webcasts, podcasts, video blogs and the imported Nude Hippo. The station's...