- Requirements in the Medical Domain: Experiences and Prescriptions. Tveito, Aase; Hasvold, Per // IEEE Software;Nov/Dec2002, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p66
Focuses on the problems and challenges faced by computer software developers in creating products for medical informatics systems. Illustration of case examples; Calculation of the costs of the failed projects; Explanation of solutions for avoiding problems in development projects.
- COMPUTER INSIGHT, MD: AN INFOBASE OF MEDICAL COMPUTING, Version 1.0 (1993). Faughnan, John // Journal of Family Practice;Mar1994, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p305
The article reviews the software Computing Insight, MD: An Infobase of Medical Computing, Version 1.0
- Software Review: MEDICLIP, THE COMPLETE MEDICAL CLIP ART LIBRARY. Fox, Gary N.; Freeman, Steven D. // Journal of Family Practice;Feb1995, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p193
The article reviews the medical information supplying computer software Medclip: The Complete Medical Clip Art Library, from Alpha Media Software.
- INTERACTIVE ATLAS OF HUMAN ANATOMY. Fox, Gary N. // Journal of Family Practice;May96, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p526
The article reviews the medical information software Interactive Atlas of Human Anatomy from Ciba Medical Education.
- Quality Management Pays. BETBEZE, PHILIP // HealthLeaders Magazine;Aug2008, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p53
The article reviews the Clinical Navigation System Web-based software for surgery used by Southeast Anesthesiology Associates.
- DOERR'S JOINT VENTURE. Lashinsky, Adam // Fortune;7/9/2007, Vol. 156 Issue 1, p28
The author reports on brothers John and Tom Doerr. Tom Doerr is a doctor and the founder of Purkinje, a company which provides electronic medical records software. John is a financier, who invested $27 million into the company. John is also involved in selling the software. The ways in which...
- Rage against the machine. Page, Leigh // Modern Physician;Nov2002, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p24
Focuses on the controversies surrounding the use of automated coding software in the U.S. Comments of physicians on the software; Influence of lawsuits against the application of the software on the efforts to modify the software; Requirement for the transparency of Current Procedural...
- NETGENICS ACQUIRES CHEMSYMPHONY/ METASYMPHONY FROM FAMILYGENETIX. // Worldwide Databases;Sep2000, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p3
Announces the acquisition of FamilyGenetix Ltd.'s ChemSymphony and MetaSymphony informatics software programs by NetGenics Inc. Description of the programs; Details on FamilyGenetix Ltd. and NetGenics Inc.; Enhancement of NetGenics' global capabilities in the cheminformatics and bioinformatics...
- Information adds value to VHA membership. // Health Management Technology;Apr1995, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p34
Describes VHA Inc.'s use of the healthcare information management software called Clinical Financial Information System (CFIS). Capabilities; Impact of changes in the healthcare environment on the roles of group purchasing organizations; Benefits accrued by Florida-based South Miami Health...