- efficiency Zone. Lomberg, Jason // ECN: Electronic Component News;Sep2009, Vol. 53 Issue 10, p46
The article presents news briefs related to the electronic industries. The Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST), in South Korea, has launched an Organic Light Emitting Diode (OLED) which is believed to be 75% more efficient than previous models. The U.S. Air Force, along...
- Addressing the Needs of Today's LED Lighting Manufacturers: Where Art Meets Engineering. Goldsmith, Heather // ECN: Electronic Component News;Jun2010, Vol. 54 Issue 7, p14
The article reports on the role of the component distribution in helping the solid-state lighting industry address the obstacles to mass adoption.
- Promise From Kingbright-Quality, Efficiency, Service. // ECN: Electronic Component News;May99 Supplement, Vol. 43, p66
Features the light emitting diode (LED) manufacturer Kingbright Electronic Co. Automation of production facilities; Suitability of the LED light bar for lighting problems of Liquid Crystal Displays and switches; Application of the surface mount technology in InGaAlA materials.
- OLEDs are top of the bill at Taiwanese exhibition. // Electronics Weekly;10/16/2002, Issue 2072, p12
Provides information on the Taitronics 2002 exhibition in Taipei, Taiwan. Emphasis of the event on organic light emitting diode (OLED) displays; Firms that participated in the exhibition; Description of the OLED displays.
- UV LED AIDS CRIME-SCENE INVESTIGATIONS AND MORE. Schweber, Bill // EDN;2/6/2003, Vol. 48 Issue 3, p16
Presents features of a family of light emitting diodes (LED) from LEDtronics Inc. Applications targeted by the diodes; Speed of light production by the LED; Technological factors determining the price tag of the product.
- MOST POPULAR. // Electronics Weekly;5/8/2013, Issue 2547, p10
The atricle presents news briefs related to the electronics industry including Amprius, the Stanford University battery technology spin-out, has got its first products out, U.S. researchers have developed a supercapacitor technology that can be deposited onto plastic film to make flexible...
- Phototransmitters and receptors abound in flavors and capabilities. Travis, Bill // EDN;09/28/2000, Vol. 45 Issue 20, p77
Presents several light emitting diodes (LED). Details on the TSK5400 GaAs infrared emitting diodes and TEK5400 Schmitt-trigger photodetector of Vishay Telefunken; Features of the L7140 red LED and S7141 photo integrated circuit of Hamamatsu Corp.; Capabilities of the HFE4181 vertical-cavity,...
- Calendar of Forthcoming Electronics Fairs/Exhibitions/Seminars/Events. // Electronics For You;Aug2014, Vol. 3 Issue 4, p119
A calendar of events related to electronics industry in India from August 2014-May 2015 is presented including the ElectronicAsia from October 13-16, the Intersolar India from November 18-20, and the LED Expo 2014 from December 5-7.
- Plextronics, university sign deal. // Plastics News;11/27/2006, Vol. 18 Issue 39, p15
The article reports that Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania-based conductive polymer-maker Plextronics Inc. has signed a licensing agreement with Northwestern University in Evanston, Illinois. The agreement will integrate the innovations of Northwestern University's chemistry professor Tobin J. Marks into...