- A Conversation with Paul Sparta of Plateau Systems. Schelin, Elsa; Smarte, Gene // e-learning;Feb2002, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p38
Interviews Paul Sparta, chairman and chief executive officer of Plateau Systems. Information on the company; Development of Plateau 4 Learning Management System; Views on the performance of electronic-learning (e-learning) in the public market; Expectations on the e-learning industry; Advice...
- KM and Elearning A Powerful Combination. Reamy, Tom // EContent;Oct2003, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p18
Considers the convergence of knowledge management (KM) technology and electronic learning. Effect of the convergence on the pharmaceutical industry according to Paul Sparta of Plateau Systems; Comment from Clark Quinn of Knowledge Anywhere, regarding the intersection of KM and elearning;...
- $657 MILLION IPOLIFTS WORKDAYINTO THE CLOUDS. RAFTER, MICHELLE V. // Workforce Management;Nov2012, Vol. 91 Issue 11, p11
The article reports on the issues concerning the increase in the initial public offering (IPO) issued by cloud-based people-management software developer Workday Inc. in the U.S. It is inferred that the price of the Workday stock increase by 57 dollars following the sale of the stocks. According...
- What's New. // HR Magazine;Aug2006, Vol. 51 Issue 8, p136
The article presents information on personnel management Web sites and software. The Award Certificates by Steve site offers suggestions and resources for creating employee recognition programs. Hawthorne Benefit Technologies Inc. has announced alterations to its popular interactive benefits...
- CONSOLIDATION CONTINUES IN HR SOFTWARE MARKET. FRAUENHEIM, ED // Workforce Management;Jun2011, Vol. 90 Issue 6, p8
The article reports that Plateau Systems Ltd. and Lawson Software Inc. are being bought by SuccessFactors Inc. for 290 million dollars and 2 billion dollars respectively. It is stated that the rise of publicly traded SuccessFactors as a comprehensive talent management technology provider is...
- DOT-COM FALLOUT. Meade, Jim // HR Magazine;Sep2001, Vol. 46 Issue 9, p86
Focuses on the failure of the human resource (HR) software industry in the United States in 2001. Trends among HR software companies; Impact of the mergers on customers; Pieces of advice in selecting vendors of HR software solutions.
- The Decline and Fall of High-Tech Corporate Culture. Ross, Nancy // IEEE Software;Nov/Dec2000, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p12
Offers a look at the factors that caused the employees of software development companies to be discontented with their jobs. Impact of the relationship with boss and coworkers on employees' decision to change companies; Reason for employees' short-term employment thinking; How to create a...
- Editorial. // Vikalpa: The Journal for Decision Makers;Apr-Jun2013, Vol. 38 Issue 2, preceding p1
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including culture in mergers and acquisitions, computer software professionals and the role of human resource (HR) management in healthcare organizations.
- Debunking the myths surrounding ASPs. Amore, Sam // Employee Benefit News;Feb2000, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p24
Provides information on the myths surrounding application service providers (ASP). Use of ASP by personnel managers; Benefits of using ASP for non-core applications; Guidelines in using ASP.