- MAKING WEB RADIO PAY. Werde, Bill // Billboard;12/3/2011, Vol. 123 Issue 44, p21
The article presents excerpts from an interview with Pandora internet radio chief executive officer Joe Kennedy, discussing topics such as the company's evolution from the Music Genome Project, the competition for consumer time, and proceedings of the U.S. Copyright Royalty Board.
- FEATURE CREEPS: HOW PANDORA'S MUSIC GENOME PROJECT MISREPRESENTS THE WAY WE HEAR MUSIC. MANDL, DAVE // Brooklyn Rail;Nov2014, p74
The article examines the Music Genome Project (MGP) of Pandora Radio which aims to isolate the characteristics of pieces of music to identity the features that appeal to each type of listener. Topics discussed include the process by which MGP works, the limitations of Pandora's music analysis...
- Songs: 'It's time to move out of the US regulatory framework'. STASSEN, MURRAY // Music Week;12/14/2015, p4
The article reports on direct licensing deal of publisher Songs Music Publishing with music discovery platform Pandora Media Inc. in 2015.
- DOLLAR SIGNS: All Aboard? Prince, C. J. // Entrepreneur;Apr2006, Vol. 34 Issue 4, p64
The article reports that entrepreneur Tim Westergren has created a sophisticated database to help music lovers identify artists and songs they might like based on their listening tastes after raising $1.5 million in seed money for his company Pandora Media in Oakland, California. While waiting...
- Pandora strikes another direct deal; agrees on licensing agreement with SONGS Music. // Radio & Music;12/10/2015, p1
The article reports on a multi-year licensing agreement between U.S. publishing company Pandora Media Inc. and SONGS Music Publishing Inc. for a catalogue of musical works. With this deal, Pandora will continue the series of direct deals between Internet radio service and rights holders of music...
- Pandora Stock Lifts On Music Deal; CRB Decision Looms. MICHELE CHANDLER // Investors Business Daily;12/15/2015, p00
The article reports that the music-streaming company Pandora Media Inc. had signed a multiyear licensing deal with independent music publisher Songs Music Publishing Inc. It highlights the increase competition between Pandora Media Inc. with independent competitors such as Spotify and...
- Apple Music Not Blocking Pandora From Licensing Deals. MICHELE CHANDLER // Investors Business Daily;12/8/2015, p00
The article focuses on the licensing deal between Internet music streaming company Pandora Media and independent music publisher SONGS Music Publishing. Topics include the Apple Music music streaming service from consumer electronics company Apple, decline of Pandora's market share, and decline...
- Pandora: Finding New Music When You Have No Time to Hit the Clubs. Starr, Jennie // Searcher;Jun2006, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p55
The article presents an interview with Tim Westergren, the founder of Pandora, about the company and the state of the music industry in the U.S. in 2006. Westergren talks about music recommendations offered by Pandora. The company fits into the music services space. Most existing services have...
- Pandora adds ads in March. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;4/ 2/2014, pA02
The article reports that Internet radio services provider Pandora Media adds more audio advertisements.