- State-of-the-Art Product CBOSSeir to Help Telecotn Operators Cotnbat Fraud. // Telecom Asia;Jun2012, Vol. 23 Issue 5, following p4
The article reports that CBOSS's state of the art product CBOSSeir will help telecom operators to combat fraud. With CBOSSeir, a telecom operator can interact with the global International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) database and make sure equipment sold for use in its own network only will...
- Standardizing the back-end. Clark, Robert // Telecom Asia;Jun2007, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p62
The article focuses on standardizing telecommunication. According to the author, a telecom network is no longer purpose-built for a single application but a platform for multiple services. He added that the Product & Service Assembly (PSA) of TMF is all about standardizing and automating the...
- Orange squeezes prepaid costs. Swinburn, Amanda // B&T Weekly;2/4/2005, Vol. 54 Issue 2505, p6
The article reports that Hutchison Telecommunications Ltd., is to launch a series of TVCs promoting its new low rates for prepaid phone users. The campaign, which will feature on the Seven Network and Network Ten, will run from this weekend for the next six months. It was created by...
- Can ASPs bite back? DeZoysa, Sanjima // Telecommunications - International Edition;Apr2001, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p30
Discusses the question on whether application service providers would meet industry expectations in Great Britain. Way for businesses to use applications and services without having to buy and run them in-house; Market drivers; Negative forces such as the high cost of Internet access; Need to...
- SITESEEING. // Global Telephony;Nov2001, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p14
Reports developments on the telecommunications industry as of November 2001. Benefits of online exchange; Services of the application service provider; Launch of corporate Web site.
- ME.NET REACHES ONE MILLION USAGE MINUTES. // Tele-Service News;Dec2000, Vol. 12 Issue 12, p8
Reports that ME.net, a unified communications service, has announced that users of its Web-based communications solutions have racked up their first million minutes in Web-enhanced calls.
- The ASP Opportunity Blossoms. Madathil, Gopan // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Jun2001, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p97
Reports on the additional benefits for telecommunication companies of becoming an application service provider (ASP) or managed services provider (MSP). Key components of an ASP or MSP ecosystem; ASP's provision of leased applications to another company; Indicators of a good ASP or MSP candidate.
- The Unfashionable Service Provider. Stuck, Bart; Weingarten, Michael // Business Communications Review;Feb2001, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p32
Examines how telecommunication service providers could succeed. Two conditions necessary to the success of service providers; History lesson from service providers' industry structure; Factors that hurt the business model of service providers; Predictions on business models and services of...
- Short Takes. // Network World;12/17/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 51, p29
Cites developments concerning application service providers (ASP) as of December 17, 2001. Expected alliance between BellSouth and Air2Web; Digital Island's launch of its Intelligent Traffic Management service, which lets companies spread traffic among their own data centers; Resolution of a...