- paying to play. // Volleyball (10584668);May2010, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p14
The article discusses the impact of file sharing to the music industry.
- NPD: ILLEGAL MUSIC FILE-SHARING DROPS. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;3/4/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p11
This article reports on a decline in the number of people using peer-to-peer services to illegally download music from the Internet in 2012, according to data from The NPD Group.
- THE BIG PICTURE. // Electronic Musician;Jun2011, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p15
The article reports on the decline of the peer-to-peer file sharing service for music downloads in the Internet for the fourth quarter of 2010.
- A LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TORRENT? // EQ;Feb2010, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p6
The article presents the author's insight on the increased sales of music in Sweden due to filesharing. He notes that the sales of music rise by 18% and that sales of physical media were 9% only of that increase while 80% of that accounted for paid digital downloads. He cites that one reason for...
- 98 per cent of music singles tracks now bought online. // Economic & Labour Market Review;Feb2011, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p11
The article reports that 98 percent of individual music songs were bought digitally in Great Britain in 2011, based on the January 27, 2011 edition of "Social Trends." The chapter adds that overall long playing record sales fell to 135 million copies in 2009. Digital downloads contributed to 12...
- gay of the gab. // BOYZ;1/15/2009, Issue 907, p8
The author discusses why high street music giants are being hit hard by the recession in Great Britain. He states that downloading a music is instant, one can get a track to play without a trip to the shops. He also says that downloading is cheaper than getting the physical product. He adds that...
- The last music station you'll ever need. // Marketing Research;Winter2011, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p3
The article offers information on the services offered www.last.fm/user/mainstream by Last.fm Ltd.
- Why Only EMI for Non-DRM? McKesson, Joe // International Musician;Jun2007, Vol. 105 Issue 6, p17
The author examines the decision of Apple chief executive officer (CEO) Steve Jobs to offer non-Digital Rights Management (DRM) downloadable music only with EMI. The possible effects of the move on independent labels and the price of digital music are criticized. He claims that the music...
- DOWNLOADS. Sanders, Alan // Classical Recordings Quarterly;Winter2011, Issue 67, p97
The article reviews several classical music downloads, including a collection of conductor Hans Pfitzmer's electric recordings of works by various composers, Piston's Second Symphony, in a live recording of the second performance by the Boston Symphony Orchestra, and conductor Albert Coates'...