- Services to prove they are up to par. // Education (14637073);4/19/2002, Issue 53, pN.PAG
Reports that the British Educational Communications and Technology has asked suppliers of Internet service providers to schools to prove they are meeting the necessary standards. Invitations for the Regional Broadband Consortia and commercial providers; Views of Baroness Catherine Ashton,...
- ISPs seeking open access from cable. Cruz, Sherri // Las Vegas Business Press;06/14/99, Vol. 16 Issue 23, p8
Reports on the applications of Internet service providers for permission to offer high-speed data services in Nevada. Resale of high-speed Internet access to the consumer; Advantage of cable market competition to the public.
- An integrated framework for information systems planning and its initial application. Gwo-Guang Lee; Gough, Tom // Journal of Information Technology (Routledge, Ltd.);Dec93, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p227
This paper outlines an approach to information systems planning (ISP) that addresses not just the technical problems encountered in ISP but the whole range of problems which derive from social systems, organizational processes, formal organizational arrangements, technology and the external...
- NOTABLE PAPERS AND ARTICLES. // Research Technology Management;Nov/Dec2000, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p62
Presents an abstract of the study `Not all Dot Coms are Created Equal: An Exploratory Investigation of the Productivity of Internet-Based Companies,' by Anitesh Barua, Andrew B. Whinston and Fan Yin. Hypothesis on information technology capital tested by the study; Results of the study.
- IP quality of service: Better than best effort. Baker, Fred // Business Communications Review;Mar1998, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p28
Focuses on the quality of service provided by Internet service providers (ISP). Information on the eight-bit Type of Service which is a part of the Internet Provider header as a specified in the original Internet Protocol; Comments by David Clark, a researcher at MIT; Background information on...
- Targets depend on IT changes. Rogers, James // Computer Weekly;2/14/2002, p7
Reports the essence of changes in management and procurement of diverse information technology projects to the government's target for getting services online in Great Britain. Application of program management; Improvement of program management training for civil servants.
- Caguas to provide Internet access service. Ruano, Lida Estela // Caribbean Business;9/2/1999, Vol. 27 Issue 34, p35
Reports that Caguas, Puerto Rico will provide Internet service to its residents. Second municipality in the island to become an Internet Service Provider; Inauguration of the Neurodigital Center building; Facilities' enabling of residents to access the Internet; Increase in the demand for...
- Welcome to Connected planet. // Connected Planet;Sep2009, p12
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the future condition of networking and information technologies (IT) and the next generation of service providers.
- Top ISP REPORT. // Network World;7/30/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 31, p50
Presents a chart depicting the top Internet Service Provider (ISP) in the United States as of June 2001. Criteria for the evaluation; List of top three ISP per category; Companies topping the initial modem speed.