- Fighting Chance. // New Republic;10/8/2008, Vol. 239 Issue 6, p1
The article reports on the U.S. financial crisis, and the way that U.S. presidential candidate John McCain has used this opportunity to campaign as the candidate who can reform Wall Street investors and fix Washington, D.C. Candidate Barack Obama also released an advertisement characterizing...
- MySpace prank had John McCain favoring same-sex marriage - for an hour. // Gay & Lesbian Times;4/5/2007, Issue 1006, p28
The article reports on the prank involving the U.S. 2008 elections presidential candidate John McCain published on MySpace. Visitors to his page received a graphic which indicates McCain, who was known to strongly opposed same-sex marriage, had changed his mind and was now in favor of same-sex...
- Senator John McCain. // Congressional Digest;Oct2008, Vol. 87 Issue 8, p231
Excerpts are presented from a speech by U.S. presidential candidate John McCain.
- McCain won't endorse in 2012 primary. Bolton, Alexander // Hill;4/7/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 47, p18
The article reports that 2008 U.S. Republican Party's presidential nominee, Senator John McCain, declares his intention to stay out of the 2012 presidential primary.
- Will McCain be America's new hero? Kremer, Jerry // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);02/18/2000, Vol. 47 Issue 7, p59A
Focuses on the prominence of Senator John McCain as presidential candidate of the Republicans in the United States. Factors affecting the popularity of McCain; Suitability of the Bible excerpt `To everything there is a time and a season' to McCain; View of the McCain popularity as a sign of...
- The End of the Affair. Powers, William // National Journal;3/11/2000, Vol. 32 Issue 11, p806
Ponders on the defeat of Republican candidate John McCain for the 2000 national elections in the United States. Description of McCain as a political leader; His contributions to American politics.
- Religious right leader says McCain has 'work to do' to win evangelicals. Youngman, Sam // Hill;3/13/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 30, p14
The article reports on the need for presidential candidate John McCain to work hard to earn the support of evangelical voters in the U.S.
- McCain: Image vs. Reality. Sowell, Thomas // Human Events;02/18/2000, Vol. 56 Issue 6, p10
Claims that United States Republican presidential candidate John McCain lacks integrity and consistency. Observation that only McCain has tried to blend the arguments of the Democrats with that of the Republicans on issues like tax cuts and campaign finance reform; Opinion on the candidacy of...
- Flawed Hero. Klein, Joe // New Yorker;01/17/2000, Vol. 75 Issue 42, p28
Discusses the presidential candidacy of United States Senator John McCain. His stand on various issues; Democratic candidates who sought to increase their authority by associating themselves with McCain; Evidence that McCain is the media's favorite candidate.