- Delving into My Data and Finding Felons. Sisk, Michael // Securities Industry News;9/19/2005, Vol. 17 Issue 30, special section p17
The article offers a look at a service being offered by a new company called MyPublicInfo. For a charge of $80, the company provides a customer with his public information profile. This includes information on criminal reports, real estate transactions and professional certification that matches...
- WALLETS ARE THE VAULT FOR IDENTITY THIEVES. // USA Today Magazine;Mar2013, Vol. 141 Issue 2814, p9
The article presents suggestions offered by website ProtectMyID.com to prevent identity theft.
- In the Army Now. Quittner, Jeremy // American Banker;12/8/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 188, p5
The article discusses an article in the December 7, 2010 issue of the "New York Times," in which the newspaper indicated that members of the U.S. armed services are at a heightened risk of identity theft in 2010 because of a policy which armed forces bases have that uses soldiers' Social...
- NEWS AND VIEWS. // Micro Mart;5/29/2014, Issue 1313, p33
The article focuses on the threat of identity theft associated with the growth of the Internet usage.
- UNVEILING THE MASK OF PHISHING: THREATS, PREVENTIVE MEASURES, AND RESPONSIBILITIES. Bose, Indranil; Leung, Alvin Chung Man // Communications of the Association for Information Systems;2007, Vol. 19, p544
Phishing, a new-rise identity fraud of this century has already caused huge financial loss and social disorder. This paper provides an overview of the evolution and forecasted trend of phishing activities with detailed analysis on common phishing features, proliferation channels, relevant...
- Credentials theft. // SC Magazine: For IT Security Professionals (UK Edition);Jan/Feb2014, p6
The article explains the concept of credentials theft, in which cyber criminals look for user credentials that enable access to important systems and resources.
- FOREWORD. Vaile, David // University of New South Wales Law Journal;2010, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p427
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Alana Maurushat on the Council of Europe's Convention on Cybercrime as a way of combating cybercrime, one by Keiran Hardy on Operation Titstorm as an online protest against the proposed internet filter of...
- Hackers Increasingly Spoof Authentic Identities. Frenkel, Karen A. // CIO Insight;12/15/2014, p2
The article presents a slide show that focuses on statistics about hackers' spoofing of authentic identities to commit cyber-attacks according to ThreatMetrix Global Intelligence Network's "Cyber-Crime Report: Q4 2014," including attacks during account login and financial services transactions,...
- Medical ID theft is definitely not what the doctor ordered. Durso, Christopher // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;4/22/2013, Vol. 42 Issue 36, p12
The article examines the threat of medical identity theft in the U.S. According to the author, medical identity theft affects about 1.5 million people in the U.S. at a cost of 41.3 billion U.S. dollars. The author cites a Bloomberg News website report which enumerates the most common types of...