- high time. Daily, Geoff // Streaming Media;Feb/Mar2008, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p121
The article focuses on the emergence of high-definition (HD) online video in the U.S. Move Networks Inc.'s Vimeo has launched the first real public video platform on the Web supported by Akamai Technologies Inc. and Limelight Networks Inc. As online video moves into high definition, it starts to...
- VIDEO VANGUARDS. Keenan, Charles // Black Enterprise;Oct2007, Vol. 38 Issue 3, p41
The article discusses the investment challenges and strategies employed by companies in the streaming video trend. Revenues from Internet video are expected to grow from $1.5 billion in 2007 to $4.2 billion by 2011, according to the Yankee Group, a market research firm. Experts stated that...
- Web video attracting broad band. Bond, Paul // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;6/12/2007, Vol. 399 Issue 49, p65
The article reports on the rising number of entertainment companies entering the U.S. Internet video market because of the rapidly rising number of Internet users streaming videos. CBS will partner with AOL, Microsoft, Comcast and Joost to distribute video on the Web. NBC will also partner with...
- Building Online Video Players. Tapper, Jeff // Streaming Media;Mar2015, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p202
The article offers instructions for creating the online video players for streaming video.
- STREAMING GETS SMARTER. Ozer, Jan // Streaming Media;Aug/Sep2009, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p42
The article offers information on various video streaming tools which are helpful in improving total media offering. One of these tools is the adaptive bitrate streaming which was popularized by Move Networks Inc. which bundles its technology within a range of value-added services. The article...
- ABC.COM BOWS HD VIDEO PLAYER. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;4/8/2007, Vol. 29 Issue 14, p8
The article reports that ABC.com, the online site for Disney-owned American Broadcasting Co. television Network, has started streaming prime-time episodes on high-definition video player. Television programs include "Lost" and "Desperate Housewives." The video player, created by Move Networks,...
- A VERY BRIEF HISTORY OF WEB VIDEO. Thielman, Sam // Adweek;4/29/2013, Vol. 54 Issue 17, p30
The article presents a history of streaming video on the Internet, from the launch of video streaming software FutureSplash (Flash) in 1997 to the purchase of video website YouTube by Internet company Google in 2006 and streaming company Netflix's production of original video content in 2013.
- New Pope Elected: Live Blogging (AFP). // Moderate Voice;03/13/2013, p14
A live streaming video coverage of the newly elected pope, Jorge Mario Bergoglio, is presented.
- Netflix unveils new way to share recommendations. LIEDTKE, MICHAEL // South Florida Times;9/25/2014, Vol. 24 Issue 39, p2C
The article reports on the new system released by Internet streaming media provider Netflix Inc., which enables Internet video subscribers to share video recommendation in a more discreet way.