- Riding the Ripple. Medford, Cassimir // Red Herring;4/23/2007, Vol. 4 Issue 15, p21
The article focuses on the mobile advertising business and presents information on Baltimore, Maryland-based company Millennial Media. Paul Palmieri, former executive director of Verizon Wireless, says that there is a high degree of receptivity to mobile content and mobile advertisements. Data...
- Carriers connect on short codes. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;10/20/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 42, p1
Reports on the collaboration among the top wireless carriers in the U.S. to launch common short codes that would allow business to interact with wireless subscribers as of October 2003. Statement issued by Paul Palmieri, director of multimedia business development for Verizon Wireless;...
- Destinations. // CruiseGuide;12/19/2011, p1
The article offers global news briefs related to cruise destinations. Investors expect London, England's luxury hotel market to exist as a high-end properties in the city despite a weak economy. Various groups which support looser policies on travel to Cuba have called the Congress to disapprove...
- Fantasia of Competition. Purcell, Judith Lockwood // Wireless Week;03/26/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 13, p6
Discusses the competition among wireless companies as of March 2001. Aspects that companies are competing for; Focus on the emergence of mobile virtual network operators; Suggestion in relation to the competitive relationships among carriers.
- 17 years old -- and NMT is still going strong. // Telecom Asia;Nov2003, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p8
Evaluates the condition of NMT networks. Competition of the product in the market; Enhancement on the product to boost capacity and voice quality by suppliers; Popularity of NMT in the market.
- The case against competition. Ford, Tracy // RCR;07/26/99, Vol. 18 Issue 30, p12
Expresses concern on the possible disappearance of competition in wireless telecommunication industry. Wireless carriers' claim on the lack of need for mandatory resale; Concerns on the possible lifting of the spectrum cap.
- Turn down the churn. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;09/06/99, Vol. 237 Issue 10, p56
Details the result of a study on the effect of competition in wireless telecommunications industry. Average churn rate of wireless industry; Factors that drive the churn rate in the market; Companies that are offering the service of compiling customer information. INSET: Briefly.
- It's wireless not hopeless--at least for now. Barthold, Jim // Telephony;04/30/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 18, p9
Presents an article on the need of the United States wireless telecommunications industry to maintain its position in the market. Competition in the industry; Lack of effort from companies to impose standards on their services.
- Fourth-quarter subscriber numbers disappoint investors. Luna, Lynnette; Carroll, Kelly // Wireless Review;Feb2002, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p10
Discusses the lower subscriber addition of wireless carries in the U.S. for the fourth quarter of 2001. Subscriber additions to carriers; Reasons for the lower subscriber additions; Reactions of investors and analysts to the low number of additional subscribers in the quarter.