- MERU NETWORKS/ASCOM DELIVER 802.11 PHONES TO HEALTH CARE. // LAN Product News;Mar2011, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p6
The article reports on the deployment-proven support by the 802.11n virtualized wireless LAN (WLAN) provider, Meru Networks, Inc., to the Ascom i62, the latest generation of voice over Wi-Fi (VoWiFi) handsets, as of March 2011. Meru's interoperability with the Ascom handsets enables them to...
- Bookmarks and bookends. McElligott, Tim // Telephony;Nov2007 Supplement, Vol. 248, p5
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Kevin Fitchard on how Wisconsin's Chibardun Telephone Cooperative is taking advantage of the 700 MHz spectrum it acquired and another by Carol Wilson on the crash of the big-city municipal wireless fidelity market.
- WiFi: A New Network Alternative. Mackie, Adam P. // Alaska Business Monthly;Oct2003, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p92
Discusses key issues concerning wireless fidelity (WiFi) technology, which is changing the way many Alaskans are communicating over the Internet in 2003. Key features of WiFi that makes it easy to use and user-friendly in public networks; Key benefits and advantages of WiFi for Internet users;...
- Unified Communication: It's Time for Alternative Solutions. Ghosal, Anjan // Siliconindia;Aug2010, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p14
The article focuses on the alternative solutions by the communication industry in addressing data traffic on networks through offloading the data onto wireless fidelity (wi-fi) and Worldwide Interoperability for Microwave Acces (wi-max).
- Elitecore Wi-Fi SMP Deployed by Indian Telco. // Voice & Data;Aug2013, Vol. 20 Issue 8, p12
The article reports on the installation of Elitecore wireless fidelity (Wi-Fi) service management platform (SMP) by one of the largest telecommunication in India.
- Don't throw that old pay phone away. // Wireless Asia;10/15/2003, Vol. 6 Issue 7, p40
Reports on plans of telecommunication companies to add access points to their payphones. Installing Wi-Fi hotspot for businesses and passers-by; Installing a gateway to handle billing and authentication; Revenue generating potential of the plan.
- Meru Networks brings 1.3 GB/s outdoor access point to market (with related video). Jackson, Donny // Urgent Communications Exclusive Insight;2/7/2012, p1
The article reports that Meru Networks has released its OAP433e outdoor Wi-Fi access point. The new system offers 10 times more data throughput than the previous outdoor access points of the company, according to Kamal Anand, vice president of product management at Meru Networks. Anand describes...
- Chuck those Ethernet edge switches. // Network World;5/9/2011, Vol. 28 Issue 9, p9
The article reports on the announcement of Meru Networks Inc. that high-performance wireless fidelity (Wi-Fi) access points and software could replace wired Ethernet switches at the network edge.
- Movements. // Wireless Asia;8/15/2003, Vol. 6 Issue 5, p10
Reports on developments concerning the telecommunication sector in Asia as of July 2003. Roaming trials to be conducted by the international Wi-Fi group Wireless Broadband Alliance in hotspots across Asia; Financial results of major telecommunications providers in July; Rising market share...