- NET PROFITS: All That Jazz. Campanelli, Melissa // Entrepreneur;Jun2007, Vol. 35 Issue 6, p46
The article reviews several web sites including the web-initiated phone-to-phone service from Jaduka company, the Google Maps API from Google Inc. and the web music from Sonific company.
- The eve of disruption. Barthold, Jim // Telephony;03/26/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 13, p30
Reports that speakers at the March 2001 Voice on the Net conference in Phoenix, Arizona are predicting the end of traditional telephony business due to end-to-end voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP). Impact of a tight capital market; Importance of voice; Opportunities in the VoIP market; How to...
- Transforming The ILECs--Part III. Passmore, David // Business Communications Review;Feb2003, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p13
Part III. Focuses on the challenges faced by local exchange telecommunication carriers in the U.S. Increase of voice over internet protocol competition; Overall structure of the telecommunications industry; Maintenance of reliable transport services.
- An Online Song With Many Voices. Ruth, Joao-Pierre S. // Business News New Jersey;11/07/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 45, p18
No abstract available.
- Managing VoIP for quality. Chan, Tony // Telecom Asia;Nov2003, Vol. 14 Issue 11, p24
Focuses on the increase in the usage of voice over the Internet (VoIP). Benefits in using VoIP; Changes in the system; Assumption of the dominance of the system in transporting voice.
- Think About It. Williamson, John // Global Telephony;Sep2001, Vol. 9 Issue 8, p44
Focuses on the benefits of the Internet technology on telecommunication industry. Accounts on the investment increase for public telecommunication equipment; Effectiveness of the Internet in delivering business transactions; Impact of digital subscriber line technology on service providers.
- Can IP Save The World? Chapman, John // Telephony;12/11/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 24, p68
Focuses on the importance of voice over Internet protocol (VoIP) technology. Benefits of VoIP to companies; Requirements before offering VoIP service; Information on the prerequisites of creating a VoIP technology.
- International Routes Show Strong Potential. O'Keefe, Susan // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Oct98, Vol. 32 Issue 10, p24
Highlights the impact of Internet telephony (IP) on the business model of traditional telecommunication operators who are reluctant to cannibalize their revenues from existing services. What should be done by traditional carriers, according to a report by Analysys Ltd., a Cambridge, United...
- The Great Cable Telephony Debate: Deploy Now or Wait, Wait, Wait. Ruvarac, Tom; Kemp, Steve // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Jul2000, Vol. 34 Issue 7, p57
Focuses on the need for cable operators to delay migration to voice over Internet Protocol in offering Internet telephony in the United States. Convergence of television, telephone and the Internet; Benefits in the use of circuit-switched technology; Elements of cable telephony.