- Edge streaming or reality at the edge. Puetz, John // Satellite Broadband;Aug2001, Vol. 2 Issue 8, p23
Discusses the trend in streaming and content distribution telecommunication technologies highlighted at the Streaming Media West conference in June 2001. Benefits of streaming to businesses; Demonstration of streaming video and data to a handheld Compaq iPAQ; Overview of media delivery...
- The advantages of streaming. Saladin, Jim; Blumenfeld, Steven // Broadcast Engineering;Nov2000, Vol. 42 Issue 12, p30
Questions the effectiveness of streaming media. How streaming works; Reaction of broadcasters to content-delivery mediums.
- BENCHMARKING FOR QUALITY OF SERVICE. Curtis, John // Network World;08/07/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 32, p21
Discusses challenges relating to the delivery of quality of service (QoS) arising from the convergence of data with voice, fax and other streaming applications. Requirement of capable benchmarking tools to determine whether QoS technology is successfully delivered; Consideration of voice...
- No more dreamin' about streamin'. Meserve, Jason // Network World;12/25/2000, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p26
Presents forecasts for streaming media in 2001. Deliverability of VHS-quality video on desktops; Vendors' offer of solutions; Content-delivery networks; Combination of better codecs that use less bandwidth and improved delivery networks.
- Parks: Roku No. 1 Streaming Media Device. GRUENWEDEL, ERIK // Home Media Magazine;8/19/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 33, p6
The article reports on a Parks Associated survey that reveals Roku as the most-used streaming media device in the U.S. market with 37 percent usage.
- america's THANKS come STREAMING in. Fritz, Mark // EMedia Magazine;Apr2002, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p20
Focuses on the Give Thanks America initiative which attempted to boost morale of U.S. service men and women stationed overseas by simply saying thanks, through streaming video technology, which began on December 4, 2001. Companies which provided the technology; Estimated number of people who...
- Web User's Top Tips. // Web User;6/17/2015, Issue 373, p64
The article presents step by step instructions for streaming media files from personal computer to any other device.
- WEBSTREAMING LAUNCHES I-STREAM WEBCAST SERVICE. // New Media Age;6/13/2002, p11
Talks about the Webcast service I-stream of streaming firm Webstreaming, launched as of June 2002. Description of the service offered.
- FREEING UP SPACE. Day, C. William // American School & University;Dec2003, Vol. 76 Issue 4, p42
Discusses information on technology convergence and streaming digital video in schools in the U.S. Characteristics of technology convergence; Advantages of adding video streaming in the network that runs Internet Protocol telephony system and data networking system; Description of the system...