- EYEBALL NETWORKS LAUNCHES ANYFIREWALL SOLUTION V9.6. // Telephone IP News;Jun2013, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p1
The article reports on the launch of AnyFirewall Engine v9.6, and AnyFirewall Server v9.6 with support for RFC 6544: ICE-TCP, by Eyeball Networks Inc. The firewalls are designed to enhance reliable VoIP and video telephony connectivity to millions of devices and end users. The company develops...
- Skype gives IT managers pause. Solheim, Shelley // eWeek;11/21/2005, Vol. 22 Issue 46, p13
The article reports that officials at Skype Technologies SA, maker of the popular VOIP (voice over IP) tool, admit that their technology is not designed to be an enterprise-grade tool and say that IT administrators are free to block its use if they are concerned. Among the security concerns is...
- Nokia to minimize failover time. // eWeek;7/8/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 27, p7
Focuses on a clustering technology from Nokia for firewall and VPN solutions.
- Positive Changes. McKean, Kevin // InfoWorld;11/8/2004, Vol. 26 Issue 45, p12
This article presents the results of two InfoWorld surveys of the growth of information technology (IT). The surveys, titled Leading the Renewal and The New Dynamics of Marketing, were designed to assess, respectively, the nature of the IT recovery and the challenges of marketing in this...
- The Border Patrol: Firewalls For VOIP. Audin, Gary // Business Communications Review;Oct2003, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p23
Focuses on the importance of firewalls in providing security for voice over Internet Protocol. Details on the physical implementation of an enterprise's security policies; Design of computer firewalls; Boundary between the internal and external networks.
- conferencing gets the picture. Fitchard, Kevin // Telephony;6/21/2004, Vol. 245 Issue 13, p52
Reports on the world's first Internet telephony video network implemented by GlowPoint Inc. chief technology officer Michael Brandofino in the U.S. Specialization of his company in selling video conferencing services to businesses; Effect of corporate firewalls on video calls; Back office and...
- Securing VoIP provider's network boundary using Open Source SBC. Krgusic, Petar // TTEM- Technics Technologies Education Management;2012, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p1508
Protection of network integrity is one of the conditions which VOIP provider has to meet in order to enable SIP clients to connect on its system. The usage of SBC (Session Border Controller) is the most common and most reliable way of protection of VoIP provider's network boundary. The subject...
- News Headlines. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;July 2005, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p192
The article presents news related to the technology industries as of April 2005. Security vendor Check Point Technologies Ltd. is set to announce NGX, the new generation of its product portfolio, which includes single-console management across the board, including the Zone Labs personal...
- NetScreen pushes firewall speed to 2G bit/sec. Greene, Tim // Network World;7/2/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 27, p10
Reports on the plans by NetScreen Technologies Inc. to boost the speed of its 1000 firewall/VPN software appliance. Goal for users to avoid installing multiple firewalls and traffic load balancers to protect busy corporate Web sites; Details of further improvements made by NetScreen.