- Don't Let the Fax Get in the Way. Pierson, Jay // MAN: Modern Applications News;Jun2009, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p10
The article discusses the emergence of online faxing services. The entry notes that Internet faxing services can be accessed through toll-free and local telephone numbers and can transmit faxes to a designated e-mail inbox in a portable document file (PDF). In relation to this, transmission of...
- BITS AND BYTES. Gorney, Stewart R. // LocumLife;Apr2006, Vol. 1 Issue 10, p40
The article presents tips for locum tenens physicians in the U.S. on dealing with paperwork. Locum tenens physicians are advised to keep track of renewal dates especially those with multiple licenses. They can store them in a PDF format within a credentials folder. Another thing that they should...
- 'Low-tech' IT solution for paperwork. Brandl, Dennis // Control Engineering;Mar2008, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p20
The author reflects on the use of document scanning as a low-technology solution for paperwork. He states that every paper record should be scanned and converted into a searchable .pdf file. He emphasizes that paper records are needed for regulatory and legal reasons but online records reduce...
- The FAX about PDF. Craft, John R. // Tech Directions;Mar2002, Vol. 61 Issue 8, p23
Features the use of Portable Document Format (PDF). Comparison between PDF and fax in terms of results; Features of PDF; Software application to create PDF files.
- PAINLESS PAPERLESS. Tebo, Margaret Graham // ABA Journal;Jan2005, Vol. 91 Issue 1, p30
Discusses the incorporation of information technology in managing the records and documents of law firms in the U.S. Significance of the PDF file format in document management; Advantages of the selection of a virtual assistant in the absence of a secretary; Information on the creation of a...
- Scanning is Easy Enough. Pickard, Jeff // Accounting Today;9/10/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 16, Special section p21
The article discusses the convenience of scanning documents with software solutions. Modern software, like Lucion Technologies' FilePDF, allows documents to be scanned and managed in searchable format. In network scanners, batch PDF conversion software allows scanned documents to be...
- The Persistence of Paper. Stencel, Mark // Governing;Sep2006, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p64
The article focuses on the need for papers in the electronic government transactions. It is said that these transactions often require to download form, usually in portable document format (PDF), that must be printed and personally delivered to an office where information will be retyped in a...
- CASE HISTORY 1: EE TIMES. Miller, Paul // Circulation Management;Sep2003, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p29
Discusses the transition of U.S. magazine "EE Times" from a print format to a portable document format in 2001. Reasons for developing "EE Times Digital"; Status of the project as of September 2003; Information on the use of email by the company in communicating with subscribers.
- THE OSPREY NOW OFFERS ELECTRONIC MAILING. // Osprey Newsletter;2010, Issue 67, p11
The article reports that "The Osprey" journal subscribers may opt to receive copies as a portable document format (PDF) file attached to an electronic mail.