- TOP 100. // Red Herring;10/7/2007, Vol. 4 Issue 29, p32
A list of the top 100 private companies of North America selected by "Red Herring" magazine is presented.
- Four device firms in 'top 10' of Red Herring Europe 100 list. Fishman, Rae // Medical Device Daily;4/2/2007, Vol. 11 Issue 62, p1
The article reports that Israel ranked fourth on Red Herring list of 100 most promising privately held technology companies and start-ups for Europe in 2007. The four Israeli medical device developers that are included in the list are BrainsGate, InSightec, Lumus and TransPharma Medical....
- THE RH 100 AT 10. Dreyfuss, Joel // Red Herring;10/7/2007, Vol. 4 Issue 29, p28
The article provides a glimpse of the ebb and flow of technology companies selected by "Red Herring" magazine for its pool of the 100 most promising companies in the industry as published since 1997. The magazine had selected 600 private companies, with 52 honored twice. In 1997, most...
- Red Herring 100 North America Finalists. // Red Herring;6/12/2010, p1
A list of the finalists for the Red Herring 100 North America award from the periodical "Red Herring" is presented, including the private technology companies A-Life Medical Inc., Achaogen Inc. and Acqueon Technologies Inc.
- Computer Crash. // Orange County Business Journal;10/22/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 43, p70
Reports that the decrease in the number of pages of the technology magazine 'Red Herring' illustrates the slowdown in the U.S. high technology industry.
- The touting of technology. Stewart, Alan // America's Network;12/01/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 18, p28
No abstract available.
- New investors scramble to find next Alley champions. Walsh, Mark // Crain's New York Business;05/10/99, Vol. 15 Issue 19, p29
Focuses on the surge in investments secured by high technology businesses offering Internet services in New York. Reasons why investors are attracted to the Internet industry; Increased risk for bad investments with the influx of new players, some of whom are inexperienced in the Internet;...
- Looking for net results in the Pioneer Valley. Simons, David // BusinessWest;Mar2000, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p30
Focuses on the Web pages of high-technology start-up companies in the Pioneer Valley, Massachusetts. Impact of high-technology companies on the economy and technology sector; Relevance of Internet service providers in designing Web pages; Context of the Route 128; Account on the Internet-based...
- THE LORE OF RED HERRING. // Red Herring;10/7/2007, Vol. 4 Issue 29, p8
The article offers historical information about "Red Herring" magazine. In the 1800s, wily British fugitives discovered that rubbing a herring across their trail would divert the bloodhounds in hot pursuit. In the 1920s, American investment bankers began calling preliminary investment...