- NOW, THAT'S WHAT A BUBBLE LOOKS LIKE. WEINER CAMPBELL, CAREN; LENZ, KRISTIN // Inc.;Jul/Aug2014, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p22
Several charts and graphs are presented that provide data on the startup funding market in the U.S. from 1995 to 2012 which include the venture capital (VC) per sector, the total post-initial public offering (IPO) value of all VC-backed exits, and the volume of merger and acquisition (M&A) exits.
- Biotech's wellspring: the health of private biotech in 2012. Huggett, Brady // Nature Biotechnology;May2013, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p396
The article offers an overview of the global private biotechnology (biotech) sector in 2012, which had been a good year in terms of funding. It says that money was raised for various purposes such as partnerships, public equity, and venture capital (VC). It states that the year had 10 initial...
- Recent Funding. // Storage Magazine;Jan2004, Vol. 2 Issue 11, p12
Presents a graph regarding the venture funding rounds of several storage startups as of January 1, 2004, including InfiniCon Systems and Neartek.
- STATISTICS. // Computer Weekly;1/13/2009, p7
A graph is presented which depicts the demand for information technology staff during 2008.
- Top management team compensation in high-growth technology ventures. Balkin, David; Swift, Michele // Human Resource Management Review;Mar2006, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p1
Abstract: We examine the key compensation issues pertaining to the top management team that occur during the early stages of growth in new ventures, specifically those anticipating rapid growth such as in technology-intensive markets. Similar to other new ventures, high-growth technology...
- IT ON THE SHORES OF LAKE MICHIGAN? Schram, Art // Siliconindia;Mar2001, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p90
Focuses on the capital venture in information technology (IT) in the United States. Career prospects for IT workers; Viability of high-technology entrepreneurship and business; Economics of IT revolution.
- Nothing Ventured Nothing Gained. Hall, Terry // Chartered Accountants Journal;Aug2001, Vol. 80 Issue 7, p5
Comments the role of government-funded venture capital in assistance of new companies in New Zealand. Example of the plight of Development Finance Corp.; Availability of initiatives for new business; Test of marketable concepts with growth potential.
- Venture capitalists pump millions into counties' start-ups. Khasru, B.Z. // Westchester County Business Journal;4/1/96, Vol. 35 Issue 14, p15
Reports on the availability of venture capital funds for start-up companies in the state of New York. Amount appropriated for technology-based companies; Amount of venture capital funding for communications industry; Software and information industry funding.
- The new smart money. Moriarty, George // Investment Dealers' Digest;11/22/99, Vol. 65 Issue 46, p16
Highlights the emergence of partnerships between corporate venture capital investors and start-up entrepreneurs. Corporate investors' commitment to venture capital; Soaring of flow of money from corporations and affiliated venture groups. INSET: Another record year for venture capital, but can...