- The big-money niche in the M&A market. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;May/Jun99, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p5
Reports the surge of acquisitions of publicly traded companies in the United States. Impact of the purchases on the deal flow and aggregate prices; Comparison between the 1997 and 1998 number of deals and total purchases; Factors influencing the increase of acquisitions.
- Out-of-favor flavor...and all the tastier. Walters, Kath // BRW;01/21/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p39
Compares the funding that a company could gain from a trade sale and from stock-exchange listing. Difficulty of attracting stockmarket investors; Trade sale prospects of companies with early-stage technology; Ownership of patented technology; Employment of specialist staff who decides to remain...
- Sourcefire Cashes In. // Information Security;Apr2007, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p15
The article discusses the initial public offering (IPO) of Sourcefire. The author stress that the $71.8 million offer by Sourcefire is the first IPO in the security market since 2001. It was reported that the company was almost acquired by Check Point before U.S. government officials objected...
- Check Point Not Sour on U.S. Firms. Roberts, Paul F. // InfoWorld;11/27/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 48, p11
The article discusses the action of Israeli company Check Point Software Technologies to look outside the U.S. and acquire Swedish firm Protect Data AB. Check Point CEO Gil Shwed said that the acquisition had nothing to do with the outcome of the failed acquisition of U.S. firm Sourcefire due to...
- Dubai Port Scrutiny Dooms Snort Acquisition. Mimoso, Michael S. // Information Security;May2006, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p17
Focuses on the dissolved acquisition of Sourcefire by Check Point Software Technologies. Factors that led to the end of the acquisition; Description of Snort; Possible benefits from the merger.
- CHECK POINT TARGETS INTRUSION PREVENTION. Hooper, Larry // CRN;10/10/2005, Issue 1166, p12
This article reports that Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. aims to expand its presence in the intrusion prevention market with the acquisition of Sourcefire Inc. Sourcefire maintains the open source Snort IPS. Check Point said last week that it plans to buy Sourcefire for $225 million. The...
- Check Point/Zone Labs: addressing endpoints. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;February 2004, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p109
Reports on the acquisition of Zone Labs Inc. by Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. in Europe. Popularity of Zone Labs for its free and paid-for versions of ZoneAlarm personal firewall software; Inclusion of a network firewall component in the SecureClient virtual private network software of...
- Check Point/Zone Labs: addressing endpoints. // MarketWatch: Technology;February 2004, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p11
Reports on the acquisition of Zone Labs Inc. by Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. in the U.S. Value of the acquisition; Benefits of the deal for both companies; Significance of the consolidation on the computer software industry.
- News Headlines. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;July 2005, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p192
The article presents news related to the technology industries as of April 2005. Security vendor Check Point Technologies Ltd. is set to announce NGX, the new generation of its product portfolio, which includes single-console management across the board, including the Zone Labs personal...