Ivory Towers? Not
- the HIGHER LEARNING guide. // Moment Magazine;Mar/Apr2011, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p61
The article offers information on several higher education institutions for Jewish studies. It mentions Weizmann Institute of Science in Rehovot, Israel as one of the top-ranked global multidisciplinary research institutions. The Hebrew University of Jerusalem (HU) was considered as an...
- 627 Scientists From U.S. and Europe Express Support for
Ongoing Scientific Collaboration With Israeli Research
Institutions; American Committee for the Weizmann Institute of
Science Delivers Call for Continued Funding of Joint Research
Projects to... // Ascribe Newswire: Medicine;6/10/2002, p7
In response to petitions circulating primarily in Europe urging moratoria on scientific collaboration with Israel, the American Committee for the Weizmann Institute of Science has distributed a statement of support for Israeli scientific research signed by 627 scientists from around the world....
- Fiber-laser power scales coherently and spectrally. Overton, Gail // Laser Focus World;Jun2008, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p17
The article reports on the possibility of overcoming the inherent upscaling limitation of each individual method with the new technique used by the Weizmann Institute of Science that simultaneously performs spectral and coherent addition of a two-dimensional fiber-laser array in Rehovot. The...
- What Economic Crisis? Grant, Bob // Scientist;Jul2011, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p46
The article focuses on the increase in the private funding for life science research which has benefited several research institutes included in the 9th Annual Best Places To Work in Academia survey by "The Scientist." It says that J. David Gladstone Institute in San Francisco, California...
- A CENTER OF CRITICAL VALUES. Spender, Stephen // Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists;Oct1972, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p2
The article presents a reprint of an essay written by Stephen Spender as his contribution to "Gateway to Science: The Weizmann Institute at Twenty-Five" which was held in honor of the Institute's 25th anniversary in Israel. He describes the Weizmann Institute as a supreme point of consciousness...
- Weizmann thinks big. Butler, Declan // Nature;6/29/1995, Vol. 375 Issue 6534, p723
Focuses on the description of Rehovot, Israel-based Weizmann Institute president Haim Harari of the institute's research philosophy. Weizmann's investment strategy; Plans of the institute for building its nanotechnology center; Elitist mindset at Weizmann; History of the institute; Expansions...
- Tumbling and fluttering. B.P.S. // Physics Today;Aug98, Vol. 51 Issue 8, p9
Reports that research on the tumbling and fluttering of leaves, is being conducted at the Weizmann Institute of Science in Israel. Description of experiments conducted; Results of this research; Suggestions on the relevance of such research.
- The physics community. // Physics Today;Jan81, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p53
Presents news briefs from the U.S. physics community as of January 1981. Theme of the 1980 American Institute of Physics Corporate Associates meeting; Establishment of the Albert Einstein Center for Theoretical Physics by the Weizmann Institute of Science; Decision of Caltech and the Carnegie...
- Closed loop solar energy storage system inaugurated. // Modern Power Systems;Oct94, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p12
Reports on the closed loop solar energy storage and transport system inaugurated by the Weizmann Institute in Israel.