- Check Point Deal Falls Through. Roberts, Paul // InfoWorld;4/3/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 14, p14
The article reports that Check Point Software Technologies has decided to withdraw its offer to acquire intrusion prevention software vendor Sourcefire in 2006. In documents published on the company's web site, Check Point cited complex technology, the complexity of the process, and the current...
- Check Point Not Sour on U.S. Firms. Roberts, Paul F. // InfoWorld;11/27/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 48, p11
The article discusses the action of Israeli company Check Point Software Technologies to look outside the U.S. and acquire Swedish firm Protect Data AB. Check Point CEO Gil Shwed said that the acquisition had nothing to do with the outcome of the failed acquisition of U.S. firm Sourcefire due to...
- CHECK POINT TARGETS INTRUSION PREVENTION. Hooper, Larry // CRN;10/10/2005, Issue 1166, p12
This article reports that Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. aims to expand its presence in the intrusion prevention market with the acquisition of Sourcefire Inc. Sourcefire maintains the open source Snort IPS. Check Point said last week that it plans to buy Sourcefire for $225 million. The...
- Against the (Fire) Wall. Goldman, Lea; Kirkman, Alexandra // Forbes Global;10/13/2003, Vol. 6 Issue 19, p12
Reports on a decrease in the net worth of Israeli billionaire Gil Shwed as of October 13, 2003. Contribution of the earnings posted by Schewd's Check Point Software Technologies to the decrease; Background on the software company Check Point.
- CHECK POINT SOFTWARE. Spangler, Todd // Baseline;Oct2004, Issue 35, p64
This section focuses on Check Point Software. Gil Shwed, chairman and chief executive officer founded the company in 1993. Its FireWall-1 software inspects both network- and application-level data to provide access control, authentication and other services; it is available for Windows, Linux,...
- Dubai Port Scrutiny Dooms Snort Acquisition. Mimoso, Michael S. // Information Security;May2006, Vol. 9 Issue 5, p17
Focuses on the dissolved acquisition of Sourcefire by Check Point Software Technologies. Factors that led to the end of the acquisition; Description of Snort; Possible benefits from the merger.
- Check Point/Zone Labs: addressing endpoints. // MarketWatch: Global Round-up;February 2004, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p109
Reports on the acquisition of Zone Labs Inc. by Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. in Europe. Popularity of Zone Labs for its free and paid-for versions of ZoneAlarm personal firewall software; Inclusion of a network firewall component in the SecureClient virtual private network software of...
- Check Point/Zone Labs: addressing endpoints. // MarketWatch: Technology;February 2004, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p11
Reports on the acquisition of Zone Labs Inc. by Check Point Software Technologies Ltd. in the U.S. Value of the acquisition; Benefits of the deal for both companies; Significance of the consolidation on the computer software industry.
- Shifting strategy. Shwed, Gil // eWeek;10/11/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 41, p30
The article presents information on Check Point Software Technologies Ltd.'s recent move into internal and endpoint security, potential acquisitions and the future of the firewall market in words of the company founder and CEO Gil Shwed. Few vendors in the security industry are better known or...