Iron Chef, Shopzilla Leave the Nest
- Market Profile: Orlando, Fla. Hudson, Eileen Davis // MediaWeek;01/01/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p13
Presents an update on the market profile of mass media in Orlando, Florida as of January 2001. Information on several local television stations; Operation of cable television; Market performance of newspapers in the state.
- Fresno-Visalia, Calif. Hudson, Eileen Davis // MediaWeek;2/14/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 7, p12
Focuses on the mass media market in Fresno, California. Television stations in the area; Presence of cable television in Fresno; Radio ownership in the town; Circulation of newspapers in the area.
- Columbia, S. C. Hudson, Eileen Davis // MediaWeek;3/7/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p16
Focuses on the mass media industries in Columbia, South Carolina. Advantages of the news programs of WIS-TV, the local NBC-affiliate television station; Cable company who is considered the predominant cable provider in the market; Daily circulation of the newspaper "The State."
- Time Warner moving ahead to big battle satellite TV. Dickinson, Casey J. // Business Journal (Central New York);5/3/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 18, p1
Discusses the plan of Time Warner Cable to launch a 24-hour news channel in 2002. Background on the company; Information on the company's studio in Syracuse, New York; Details on the hiring plans of the company.
- Call pitfalls? Cablers, webs debate ads' value. Diuguid, Carol // Variety;03/03/97, Vol. 366 Issue 5, p6
Reports on the debate between cable operators and cable television stations concerning advertisements urging subscribers to call their cable provider to include certain television networks. Cable operators' claim that the ads create a false demand for the channels; Networks' claims concerning...
- SBS files to fill Swiss TV holes. Edmunds, Marlene // Variety;07/13/98, Vol. 371 Issue 9, p32
Reports on the application of Scandinavian Broadcasting System (SBS) to launch a German-language cable channel in Switzerland. Information on the cable channel launched; Joint-venture plans of SBS with TA-Media Group; Synergy targets of SBS in television advertising.
- Cable out-rates networks in prime. // MediaWeek;10/9/95, Vol. 5 Issue 38, p3
Reports that prime time ratings of cable networks in the United States surged higher than television networks in the third quarter of 1995.
- TV stations and cable systems agree. Rodriguez, Sandra D. // Caribbean Business;10/7/1993, Vol. 21 Issue 40, p44
Reports on the agreement between cable television systems and television stations operating in Puerto Rico regarding stations' request for compensation for the right to broadcast their signal. Effect of the United States' congressional approval of the Cable Television Consumer Protection and...
- Thankful for campaign season. Trigoboff, Dan // Broadcasting & Cable;10/28/2002, Vol. 132 Issue 44, p33
Reports on business prospects of various cable networks in Quincy, Illinois and Hannibal in Missouri and Keokuk in Iowa for the year 2002. Percentage reduction in revenue from 2000 to 2001; Business empire of television station WGEM-TV owner Quincy Newspapers.