Israel's Tech Triumph
- The banking sector. // OECD Observer;Jul2011, Issue 285, p30
The article reports on the condition of the banking industry in Israel in 2011. It notes that the banks in the country have made a significant role in the pursuit of placing Israel as a developed, advanced economy which is attractive to investors worldwide. It mentions that the banking...
- A risk worth taking. Greenberg, Herb // Fortune;3/3/2003, Vol. 147 Issue 4, p162
Discusses the poor condition of the Israeli stock market. Companies who have shut down their Israeli operations; Fundamentals of Israeli companies which have improved; Investors who are buying up stocks while they are cheap.
- Extreme Entrepreneurship. Schachter, Ken // Red Herring;12/1/2007, Vol. 4 Issue 30, p46
The article discusses the status of entrepreneurship in the high technology sector of Israel. Since its founding in 1948, Israel has fought a succession of wars but the Israeli economy continues to thrive. The Bank of Israel pegs 2007 economic growth at a robust 5.5 percent. Foreign venture...
- TRENDS AND OPPORTUNITIES: ISRAEL HOTEL MARKET OVERVIEW. Bertschi, Christof; Kett, Russell // HVS Global Hospitality Report;9/22/2014, p10
The article focuses on the trends and opportunities in the hotel market in Israel as of 2014. Topics discussed include development in tourism industry due to the increase in tourism arrival, high hotel rates in Tel Aviv, and the coutry's industrial sector. Also mentioned are international hotel...
- Former Israeli PM Netanyahu Addresses Silicon Valley Angel Investors. Wilson, Ron // Electronic News;11/20/2006, Vol. 52 Issue 47, p6
The article analyzes a speech delivered by Israeli former Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in front of Silicon Valley angel investors in Palo Alto, California in November 2006. Netanyahu described the economic situation in Israel, including his approach to restructuring the private sector. He...
- Israel: Further Shekel Upside Possible. // Emerging Markets Monitor;12/19/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 35, p21
The article reports on the economic condition of Israel as of December 2005. There is optimism over the performance of the Israeli shekel. The currency was resilient in the face of a U.S. federal rate hike. Weakness of the currency was influenced by a rise in the lending rate by the Bank of...
- Israel prophesy: Land of milk and money. Merrion, Paul // Crain's Chicago Business;3/21/94, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p20
Reports on the economic condition of Israel. Expected growth in 1994; Effects of the peace process; International trade conference.
- Agonizing reappraisal in Israel. Salpeter, E. // New Leader;1/9/89, Vol. 72 Issue 1, p5
Discusses in depth the current economic and political situation in Israel vis-a-vis the Palestinian state, the formation of a new Likud-Labor Party coalition under Shimon Peres, and the country's worsening economic situation.
- Peres visits Washington. // Newsweek;10/15/1984, Vol. 104 Issue 15, p65
Shimon Peres arrives in Washington this week with hard times all around him. Israel's inflation rate is nearing 800% a year. So far, the American government is not impressed with Peres' efforts to cut spending. The administration is likely to oppose any massive U.S. bailout. The days when a...