The Country that Could
- Â£200m invested in UK and Irish technology in Q1. // Electronics Weekly;5/3/2006, Issue 2239, p5
The article reports that nearly Â£200m of venture capital was invested in Great Britain and Irish technology sector in the first quarter of 2006. It is reported that approximately Â£190m was invested in 41 deals by 84 investors. That compares with Â£129m invested in 41 deals by 50...
- VCs AHOY! Rajesh, M. // Siliconindia;Jun2000, Vol. 4 Issue 6, p38
Focuses on the influence of venture capitalists in fueling the entrepreneurship drive in India's high technology sector. Details of the new venture capital mindset created by industry leaders; Examples of companies which have reaped benefits from venture capitalists' interest. INSETS:...
- A hi-tech success story. Wright, Catherine; Ringrose, Fergal // TVB Europe;Jul2001, Vol. 10 Issue 7, p8
Provides information on the success of the high-technology industry in Israel. Description of the country's economic and political condition in 2001; How the increase in foreign investments affected the industry's performance; Role of United States venture capitalists in funding the start-up...
- Back to the Garage. Mieszkowski, Katharine // Fast Company;Jan2003, Issue 66, p35
Discusses entrepreneurship in Santa Clara County, California. Vacancy rates for office space; Difficulty in securing venture capital funding; Challenges faced by entrepreneurs. INSET: CHEAT SHEET.
- The Upper Valley tech economy: a roundtable. // New Hampshire Business Review;2/22/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p11
The article focuses on a roundtable discussion among businesspeople involved in the technology sector in the Upper Valley region. Phil Ferneau, co-founder of Borealis Ventures, talks about the business he is involved with as a venture capitalist. Vince Berk, founder of software company...
- Nothing ventured. Murphy, H. Lee // Crain's Chicago Business;03/13/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 11, pSB1
Focuses on the failure of traditional industrial firms in Illinois to secure venture capital investments in 1999. Performance of the venture capital industry in the United States in 1999; Percentage of venture investments directed to the Internet industry; Investor support for high technology...
- Guest Writer. Edelstein, Eric // Finweek;8/4/2011, p11
The author reports on speaking to international venture capitalists about their next round of funding for Evly.com in San Francisco, California. He says that he has been involved in a number of well-known South African technological ventures. There are several organisations helping turn...
- Trolling for ideas: an entrepreneur's road map. // New Hampshire Business Review;6/14/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p9A
Presents suggestions that will serve as an important step in the entire entrepreneurial process.
- Illinois battling to keep techies. Russis, Martha // Crain's Chicago Business;04/30/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 18, pSR18
Focuses on the seed-stage venture capital funding for high-technology company retention in Illinois. Legislation over state investment in venture capital funds; Scarcity of seed capital financing in the state; Confidence over the success of the state-assistance program.